order (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
can anyone tell me wut order the topics in 4u go in?
i noe the first two are
1.Complex numbers
2.graphs

wut comes nxt and in which order?

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
I KnOw HoW tO AlTeRnAtE LoWeR CaSe aNd UpPeR CaSe!!!

well we stared with complex in term 4, graphs over the hols, polys, conics, integration, volumes, mechanics and the rest

ND

HSC
It doesn't really matter, but volumes and mechanics require integration, and polynomials requires complex numbers.

edit: you'd also wanna do conics before volumes, as some questions involve ellipses. Here's the order i did them as far as i remember:

Complex numbers, Graphs, Polynomials, Conics, Integration, Volumes, Mechanics.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
It depends per school.

Every school (I think) does complex numbers first, followed by either Graphs or Polynomials. Polynomials is the better option, as complex numbers is very closely linked with polynomials, and yyour usually asked to discuss the results of one in respect to the other.

Anyway, you curry Fashionista? My mom makes the best Ras Malai. :p

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
hee hee yeh i am :) i luve rassss mallllllllaaaaiiii

thanx every bodee..off 2 polynomial land 4 me

santaslayer

HSC
it depends on ur skool.....teachers like to alternate for their own enjoyment...lol

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
it depends on ur skool.....teachers like to alternate for their own enjoyment...lol
yeah, but fashionita is asking what order is the best order to do the topics in so i just said: follow the book. :p

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, but fashionita is asking what order is the best order to do the topics in so i just said: follow the book. :p
That's a good guide, especially if your teacher is a retard, and trys to do volumes before integration, or mechanics before rectellinear motion in 3 unit.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
if you want, I can give you the order in which Sydney Boys high does it (thats my school). Or you can just follow a book.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
if you want, I can give you the order in which Sydney Boys high does it (thats my school). Or you can just follow a book.
Did you incorporate 3 and 4 unit? Or were they seperate classes?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Did you incorporate 3 and 4 unit? Or were they seperate classes?
for us we had separate classes but same teacher- but then again, she was a crap teacher who had just came from overseas- and she was teaching the hsc course in her first year here!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Yeah, the first year ones are always the worst. They don't have a clue. My teacher had been teaching upwards of 2 decades, and already had a 3rd & 17th in the state under his belt.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Yeah, the first year ones are always the worst. They don't have a clue. My teacher had been teaching upwards of 2 decades, and already had a 3rd & 17th in the state under his belt.
yeah, c ur so lucky, we had a good teacher, but just when i started year 11, he left to another (better) skool. :mad1:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
damn. 3rd and a 17th, and now a 1st/2nd. wtf, i swear, if my school had unlimited funds (like iggies, or just about anyway) we'd have better teachers.

Don't you think its stoopid that we are a selective school, yet we do not get ANY advantage teacher wise? We have normal teachers, just like any other public school. That means we have 1 really good maths teacher, 1 extremely good english teacher (who doesn't teach anymore, ffs, does ESL now) so no good english teachers, we had two'ish good social science teachers who both left end of 03, no good science teachers. Seriously, this is just annoying.

and how the hell does a guy from Iggies beat a guy from High. That ain't right, we get smacked in rugby and rowing and whatnot, (didn't you school beat us in soccer last year? humph) we are supposed to beat your school academically. berloody hell.

anyway, we do subjects in order. We do not have seperate classes. hehe, tell you what, i'll just stick in what we do in year 12 (everything after integration) and in what order:

18. Mathematical Induction 3U HSC
19. Circle Geometry 3U P
20. Further Coordinate Geometry 2U HSC
21. Further Geometry 2U HSC 3U P
22. Geometrical Applications of Differentiations 2U HSC 3U HSC part i
23. Iterative Methods of Solving Equations 3U HSC
24. Integration 2U HSC
25. Complex Numbers 4U HSC
26. Further Polynomials 4U HSC
27. Trigonometric Functions 2U HSC 3U HSC
28. Calculus of Logarithmic Functions 2U HSC
29. Inverse Functions and Inverse Trig 3U HSC
30. Integration by Substitution 3U HSC
31. Further techniques of Integration 4U HSC
32. Advanced Graphing Techniques 4U HSC
33. Applications of Calculus to Physical World 2U HSC 3U HSC
34. Elementary Particle Dynamics 4U HSC
35. Binomial Theorem and Further Probability 3U HSC
36. Harder Inequalities 4U HSC
37. Computing Volumes 4U HSC
38. Conic Sections 4U HSC
39. Motion in a circle 4U HSC
40. Harder 3 Unit Topics 4U HSC

btw, keypad, what is iterative methods of problem solving?

J0n

N/A
HSC
Don't you think its stoopid that we are a selective school, yet we do not get ANY advantage teacher wise? We have normal teachers, just like any other public school.
No I don't ;)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
and how the hell does a guy from Iggies beat a guy from High. That ain't right, we get smacked in rugby and rowing and whatnot, (didn't you school beat us in soccer last year? humph) we are supposed to beat your school academically. berloody hell.

btw, keypad, what is iterative methods of problem solving?
Yeah, Iggies had a good GPS year:

We won: Athletics (Both Junior and Senior), Rugby, Soccer (For like 5 years running), The Debating, and now Maths :p

A good example of an iterative method is newtons method (Mentioned above), where the number will converge to the actual value, but never reach it.

Another one is the method used to trisect an angle. (Look up on the internet), it's iterative because it requires a mechanical process to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)