Who finds time is often the worst enemy not lack of knowledge? (1 Viewer)

KilledInAction

I mean sure, most people could do with an extra hour, but does anyone comfortably finish a 4 unit paper after 3hours thinking that they've had enough time to give a serious attempt to every question (even if it means only looking & thinking about question 8) or do most people start to panic with 15mins left with most of question 7 and 8 (perhaps more) left to do?

It's tough finding a balance in the trade off between faster working and silly mistakes...

I think this is the key area (ie the exam technique of MAXIMISING MARKS!) that needs to be perfected in the next 2 days- not trying to do every single question set in the HSC in the last 20 years.

Agreements? Disagreements?

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
i agree - go too fast, and more silly mistakes. Go slowly, you won't finish.

but using [edited by admin] you can be fast, and remove silly mistakes.

joking about edit :D

anyways doing things for 3 hours makes me so tired, it gives me headaches. I wish they change the tests to 2 hours like 3unit maths :)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I agree too - I went too fast in the trials 7 questions or so, but too many mistakes.
I was going to do that tomorrow with 2000 and 2001. I have to set myself 3 hours somewhere comfortable though (house-noise, kid, chores, lack-of-room-on-desk).

Oh, that 3hr exam is going to kill my chances for Jap 3u...

KilledInAction

Yeh same...2000 and 2001 papers tomorrow with 3 hours time limit is prolly the best thing we can do to overcome the problem.

I just hope after the 3 hours on Monday I'll be glad that time wasn't a factor...

Last edited:

bellicoseboy

Who finds time is often the worst enemy not lack of knowledge?
It's both coz there are so many ways to do a question. You could spend ages and do it with 5 pages of working out.. and then someone else comes along with 5 lines of working out coz they saw something you didn't...

I don't like those people.

But more knowledge means you dont need as much time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)