Pencil (1 Viewer)

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
Does anyone else use pencil in maths exams?! I am annoyed that supervisers want u to write in pen... i hate writing in pen esp in maths exams....

Does anyone know why they want u to write in pen?

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Maybe so other people can't change it later, in case of inside bribe? I don't know. Maybe it'll get smudgy somehow.. iether the marker's hand or the marks.
Aren't you're supposed to use pencil diagrams?

KilledInAction

Yeh pencils for diagrams is fine.

I prefer maths in pencil a lot more than pens too...how many times have you done half a page of a proof, then realise there's an error in line 2 so you need to scribble all of it out and start again.

nakata

you can actually write in pencil if you wish, the only reason they want you to write in pen is security reasons, and legibility i guess.
they think that 'people' could rub your answers out or something, ie. markers.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I always thought they got us to write in pen cause it's easier to photocopy/scan, hence why they suggest balck over blue (see HSC Timetable) ...

Ozz^E

If you want to write in pencil, make sure you take a few into the exam, u dont want ot wast time sharpening.

nakata

my brother always told me to write in black, since its more visible. But i still wrote in blue, hmm, i hope thats ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)