Why do people think Mathematics Extension 2 is so hard? (1 Viewer)

PhysicsGirl

HSC
I am merely an average person in Mathematics, and I find it pretty easy. You just need to have a solid understanding of algebra and calculus. Nothing is hard in this whole world; it is all a matter of understanding. If you don't understand it, you can't do it, simple.

And btw, I would strongly reccomend anyone who is moderately good at maths to give this course a go. It is very rewarding and the scaling is amazing.

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I am merely an average person in Mathematics, and I find it pretty easy. You just need to have a solid understanding of algebra and calculus. Nothing is hard in this whole world; it is all a matter of understanding. If you don't understand it, you can't do it, simple.
So you are an average 2U mathematics person and believe 4U is easy?

Something is wrong.

Aysce

HSC
It's not that simple, you actually have to know when to apply certain formulas and etc, and it begins to get really complex. MX2 is a whole new level compared to 2u, it's pretty challenging.

PhysicsGirl

HSC
I never said I do 2U. I'm in Year 12 and I do 4U and I find it pretty easy, and I don't think I am God of Mathematics or anything, and I can't understand why people find it so difficult.

Alkanes

HSC
Difficult cos people don't put effort and time to study.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I never said I do 2U. I'm in Year 12 and I do 4U and I find it pretty easy, and I don't think I am God of Mathematics or anything, and I can't understand why people find it so difficult.
When which maths do you do??

SpiralFlex is god of maths and I don't think he believe it is easy.

Aysce

HSC
Guess it just doesn't occur to some people or they don't really understand the concepts. Some people find it hard some find it easy. Simple.

PhysicsGirl

HSC
I agree with that. Maths is all about practicing; and grasping concepts, if you can do that, you can do 4U.

Alkanes

HSC
If you pick it just for the scaling and don't put any effort into it, you can piss off.

PhysicsGirl

HSC
I do Extension 1 and Extension 2 so basically I do 4 Unit. It is a LOT of work but if you can understand the concepts you will be surprised at how overrated the course is. Of course, however, if you don't make any effort to keep up with the work in class, if you are not doing consistent revision/homework everyday, if you don't make an effort to ask questions when you don't understand something, you will struggle; it is the same for every subject. Ext 2 is all about understanding, and for those of you who just listen to rumours about 4 Unit, and haven't actually tried the course out, please don't make such assumptions on how hard it is, when you haven't actually attempted the course yet. If you enjoy maths, that should give you more than enough motivation to master this course.

HSC
N/A
I've heard so many things about 4u that I don't know what to believe anymore. Some say it's really demanding and hard, and others say that it's fine and not hard at all.

I guess i'll have to see for myself.

PhysicsGirl

HSC
Yep, I am in Year 12; I have my trials coming up in a few days, so got to study for that.

HSC
Uni Grad
It is a LOT of work but if you can understand the concepts you will be surprised at how overrated the course is.
lol fuck no it isn't

it's a subject worth 2 units, treat it as you would any other 2u subject

some people devote half their study time to 4u so wtf

HSC
Uni Grad
Some say it's really demanding and hard, and others say that it's fine and not hard at all.
that's like me saying dance is easy while matthew goodwin would say dance is hard

it depends on the person, PhysicsGirl is good a maffs so says 4u is easy but i only do general and am failing it too so it would be hard for me

PhysicsGirl

HSC
Yes, you should try it out for yourself. Don't worry about what everyone has told you; everyone has their limits and capabilities. My advice is if you have a love for Maths, are good at algebra and calculus, and do constant revision/homework, then you will be fine. It's not something as horrible as some people make it out to be. Most people who say it is mission impossible have probably just never put a real effort into it, or just listen to rumours spread out about the course. If you are moderately good at maths, go for it.

PhysicsGirl

HSC
I meant overrated in terms of difficulty. And yes , 4U carries a huge workload. I know about it, I dedicate about 60% of my study time on 3U and 4U stud. But yeah, like I said, if you hate Maths, you will find it hard. If you love Maths, you will be able to master it. Nothing is impossible; study it out of interest. If you like what you study, you will be more than motivated to do well in it.

HSC
Uni Grad
I would say that i'm average at maths, but I really like calculus and algebra. Thing is though, that I never do my maths homework or revision- and I start 4u in a fortnight :/
If one isn't dedicated to maths, is 4u a bad idea?
not everyone needs to do heaps of homework and constantly study and revise

it depends on the person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)