Help with MX1 (1 Viewer)

Magic9

HSC
Hi, i am studying for binomail thereom and need some help on some particular types of questions

1. when doing questions of finding particular terms with 2 expansions ie- (a + b)^5 * (a + c)^9 find a^4, whats the best way to answers them, as ovbiously expanding the whole thing will take too long.
2. when finding the greatest coefficient i keep getting it wrong, the reason i believe is that when using T(K) i take it as nCk-1 while in the cambridge book the use it as nCk should make a differance, however for T(k + 1) im using nCk, so im following through with the pattern but my answer isn't equivalent

also does any1 have worked solutions to cambridge 3u, and links to pastpapers for binimoial thereom, or worksheets for binimoial thereom with worked solutions, will appreciate it a ton

HSC
1. These types are the easiest as they do not involve things like a+1/a...which gets complicated. With those, if you want a^4, just expand up to what is the maximum..if that makes sense. Ie. expand the first 2 terms only until a^4...as expanding further will not yield ANY more terms in a^4. With the type of a+1/a...it gets complicated...usually you have to expand it all out.

2. My school follows the syllabus, which contradicts Cambridge (I think..) but we use Tk+1 = nCk * x^(n-k) * y^k, and then Tk is just subbing in k-1...

I don't think there are any leaked cambridge 3u solns...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)