area of region (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Area of Region bounded by the locus of that satisfying
EDIT: Disregard that, I was entirely wrong - changing my answer to 25(2+3pi). I don't have time to write out my working, but hopefully someone can check that.

Last edited:

kingkong123

HSC
i got ??? if the argument is then it will be of a circle, but because its there will be 2 three quarter circles of radius 5. so i just did

Last edited:

math man

HSC
N/A
complex region.png

EDIT: in this case angle between two vectors isnt pi/4 i worked it out to be 3pi/4 which changes the answer

Attachments

Last edited:

bleakarcher

HSC
Im confused with this question on where the pi/4 goes and why. Can someone help?

bleakarcher

HSC
how can you just assume that? can you prove it? its pretty clear when the chords are drawn from a point on the x-axis using the fact that the exterior angle to a triangle is equal to the sum of the interior angles (whereas the points lie on the y-axis).

bleakarcher

HSC
^ in that case the angle is not always the one formed between the two vectors yeh? you have to work it out geometrically right?

bleakarcher

HSC
Mathman, I understood how you worked out 3pi/4 but Im struggling to do myself when working on the left hand side of the plane. Help me out? Is there a simpler way to determining the included angle?

math man

HSC
N/A
on the LHS of the plane arg(z+5i)-arg(z-5i) = pi/4, try that if you havent already

bleakarcher

HSC
The geometry in finding the included angle is what is confusing me.

bleakarcher

HSC
complex bos.jpg

You marked the angle theta incorrectly there so I'm kinda confused since it represents the argument of the vector representing z-5.

math man

HSC
N/A
yes the angle you marked is theta, but theta represents a pos value and clearly the arg is neg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)