Complex Number Vector (1 Viewer)

CLD

HSC
Sorry, I am not 100% sure but... it was a vector question:

OABC is a square (where A =z1 B=z2 C=z3) obv. 0 = (0,0)

Arg(a) = pi/4

Area of this square is 8 u^2.

I think Ive got this but can I just double check with you guys~? Thanks.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
We need more information than that to find the area of the square.

What is the modulus of Z_1?

You essentially asked us to find the area of a square... but you just gave us an angle.

Technically your answer would always be right regardless of whether you have the area to be 8 u^2 or 1000000000000000 u^2 because you have not defined what u is, so it could be any constant such that combined with its 'coefficient', it gives the value of the area.

CLD

HSC
We need more information than that to find the area of the square.

What is the modulus of Z_1?

You essentially asked us to find the area of a square... but you just gave us an angle.

Technically your answer would always be right regardless of whether you have the area to be 8 u^2 or 1000000000000000 u^2 because you have not defined what u is, so it could be any constant such that combined with its 'coefficient', it gives the value of the area.
Did not say what the |z1| is.

8 u^2 is 8 unit square.

So I think since it is a square, a side must be = 2 root 2? so 2root2 times 2root2 = 8???

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Did not say what the |z1| is.

8 u^2 is 8 unit square.

So I think since it is a square, a side must be = 2 root 2? so 2root2 times 2root2 = 8???
Oh I misunderstood what you said. I thought you wanted us to verify that the area of the square was 8 u^2.

I do not understand the question then.

You did not ask anything lol. You just gave us a whole bunch of information. What do you want us to verify?

CLD

HSC
Oh I misunderstood what you said. I thought you wanted us to verify that the area of the square was 8 u^2.

I do not understand the question then.

You did not ask anything lol. You just gave us a whole bunch of information. What do you want us to verify?
Can you find z1 to z3 in a+ib form?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)