Maths Extension 2 Half Yearlys! (1 Viewer)

school4nerds

HSC
I have about 6 more days until my extension 2 half yearlys and I'm unsure as to how i should study, theres so much to do!!

Its going to be tested on harder inequalities, complex numbers, polynomials and conics. Do you guys have any tips for studying for this?

I havent really done much for conics btw. Should i just do past papers now? Or textbook exercises?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
If Conics is your weakness, focus on Conics. There are a lot of properties concerning Conics that you could be asked to prove/show, so getting acquainted with them may be a good idea.

But don't neglect the other topics as well - there's no point being amazing at one topic but bad at the others.

Do challenge exercises from the textbook for those topics or as you said, past papers (however not from the HSC, and obviously only topics that will be tested).

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Most schools get their half yearly questions from (very old) past HSC papers and/or CSSA trials. So it may be good having a looking at them...

luciferous

HSC
Do a few questions from each textbook exercise on conics to make sure you're okay with the fundamentals, but then just start doing as many past papers you can. It is true that schools do get exam questions from old HSC papers. Last year they took some 3u questions straight out of past HSC papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)