The multiple choice thread (1 Viewer)

barbernator

HSC
seeing as multiple choice are new, and BOS in their wisdom have only provided 5 practice questions per stream of math (or so i am aware of). This is a thread to share MC questions so people can have a greater exposure to questions. I will upload mine when I do my half yearly in 2 weeks

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Just out of curiosity, where are the practice questions the BOS have provided? I haven't been able to find them.

deswa1

HSC
seeing as multiple choice are new, and BOS in their wisdom have only provided 5 practice questions per stream of math (or so i am aware of). This is a thread to share MC questions so people can have a greater exposure to questions. I will upload mine when I do my half yearly in 2 weeks
This is a good idea. Our 4U test didn't have any MC though so I can't help :(. Hopefully our next assessment +trials have them.

Siddy123

HSC
I think the multiple choice will be something like, a graph given and they ask which one is the reciprocal of it, or which one is the addition, and you choose from the options.
another type of question could be like, if a polynomial has a root of multiplicty of 3 and they give u a root, find the other root... and u choose from the options.
i dont know what else they could ask you.
maybe a volumes question, like if cyndrilical shells is used on this graph about the x axis. which diagram is the correct representation of the rotatation.

any other ideas?

mh1228cz

HSC
Just out of curiosity, where are the practice questions the BOS have provided? I haven't been able to find them.
I don't think there's any for MX1 or MX2 because I don't think there's multiple choice ever exist in the HSC papers.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't think there's any for MX1 or MX2 because I don't think there's multiple choice ever exist in the HSC papers.
There are sample papers on the Board of Studies website containing multiple choice questions so teachers writing school exams have something as a guide.

mh1228cz

HSC
I think the multiple choice will be something like, a graph given and they ask which one is the reciprocal of it, or which one is the addition, and you choose from the options.
another type of question could be like, if a polynomial has a root of multiplicty of 3 and they give u a root, find the other root... and u choose from the options.
i dont know what else they could ask you.
maybe a volumes question, like if cyndrilical shells is used on this graph about the x axis. which diagram is the correct representation of the rotatation.

any other ideas?
I have some 'samples' from my last assessment in MX1, but I don't get any in MX2. however, the questions are covered by my mess writing. I can't take a photo of it. I can share the questions though, but without the answers.
1. the derivative of f(x)=e^(x^2) is

2. which one of the following could be the graph of y=aln(x-b) where a>0 and b>0?

3.the function f(x)=x^2-4x+3 will have an iverse function when the domain of f(x) is

4. the inverse of the function f(x)=e^(2x+3) is

5. the graph of the function f(x)=e^2x -2 intersects the graph of g(x)=e^x where x=?

6. the general soltion to sinx+root 3 cosx=0 is

7. consider the function f(x)=(acoz^(-1))(x-b). given that f(x) has domain 2<=x<=4 and range 0<=y<=6pie, it follows that a=? b=?

8. what is the volume of the solid formed by revolving about the x-axis the region bounded by the graph of the equation y=1/(root(1+x^2)), the y-axis and the line x=1?

9. sorry, don't know how to draw the graph in...

10. how many real roots does the polynomial 2x^5+8x-7 have?

mh1228cz

HSC
There are sample papers on the Board of Studies website containing multiple choice questions so teachers writing school exams have something as a guide.
oh, I saw it. :'( not enough ><
do you know how can I get more?

deswa1

HSC
So pretty much, these questions are questions that would normally be 1/2 marks, you just can't get marks for working?

mh1228cz

HSC
So pretty much, these questions are questions that would normally be 1/2 marks, you just can't get marks for working?
I think so. what the computer does is matching the A B C D. and I don't think we will get a chance to show them our working out...

barbernator

HSC
basically, i think the tactic for me going into the exams reading time will be to find the MC questions i can do in my head and just memorise the answers and gun them straight away when writing starts

McTrollPheg

HSC
i find the multiple choice really stupid as barb said just do them within reading time and use your finger nails to mark the answers thats what i do with MC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)