Best Book for Conics and Integration?? (1 Viewer)

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hi Guys,
Can someone tell me which is the best book for topics Integration and Conics?

I have got the following books:

1. FItzpatrick
2. Cambridge
3. Foundation of Maths by S.K Patel

And there are super hard questions in Fitzpatrick for Conics? Are those Exam-Style Questions??

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hi Guys,

1. FItzpatrick
2. Cambridge

And there are super hard questions in Fitzpatrick for Conics? Are those Exam-Style Questions??

Patel has some interesting questions and good explanations imo, my personal favourite 4u text

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hi Guys,

1. FItzpatrick
2. Cambridge

Coroneos.

Get the original book (little A5 sized book) AND the supplement (A4 sized)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
But i heard that most of the questions in coroneous are not exam style questions :S
Definitely not, but I guess if you are curious about maths the book will satisfy your desires. However if you are looking for a textbook that will get the job done for the HSC, get Terry Lee. Fitzpatrick and Cambridge in my opinion are not too great for integration. I haven't really seen Patel's integration exercises.

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
I am curious aboout Maths but I don't have time to do extra work (HSC IS PEAKING MATE)
So you recommend Terry Lee for conics and integration?
Definitely not, but I guess if you are curious about maths the book will satisfy your desires. However if you are looking for a textbook that will get the job done for the HSC, get Terry Lee. Fitzpatrick and Cambridge in my opinion are not too great for integration. I haven't really seen Patel's integration exercises.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I find that learning the basics from Fitzpatrick and then moving onto terry lee questions is sufficient. After that move onto past papers.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Terry lee has fully worked solutions iirc correctly, so its good for checking how ur going. However it lacks the challenge and scope of the other books imo

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I am curious aboout Maths but I don't have time to do extra work (HSC IS PEAKING MATE)
So you recommend Terry Lee for conics and integration?
Then Terry Lee is best for you if you are short on time.

Siddy123

HSC
terry lee is great for hsc type questions, he has worked solutions so good to see what level you are at, where you need to work, where your weaknesses are etc...
but also make sure u have a look at the coroneos integration exericses ( essential!) here is a link i posted with solutions.

http://temp-share.com/show/FHKdPGm56 ( link for coroneos integration)

and for conics i recommend patel set 6.C they range in difficulty so yeah good luck

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Is coroneous good for conics and integration only or all 8 topics?
Coroneos has little conics in its first book. However the supplement book makes up for it. (Though I haven't seen it).

But it's got fair exercises of integration, with a fair amount not in syllabus. In all, Coroneos is for people who want to see some extra material. If you just want to learn the content needed for the HSC, then stick with Terry Lee, it has colour, great explanations and worked solutions. They occasionally throw in some alternative solutions at the back. Pay close attention to those.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
What do you recommend? :p
I had patel and terry lee. Liked the explanations in patel, and they provided some challenging questions at times. Terry lee for practice and the fully worked solutions

Also did a bunch of past papers as well, these help a ton for practice

Unfortunately I didnt have coroneos so cant comment on that

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Coroneos has little conics in its first book. However the supplement book makes up for it. (Though I haven't seen it).

But it's got fair exercises of integration, with a fair amount not in syllabus. In all, Coroneos is for people who want to see some extra material. If you just want to learn the content needed for the HSC, then stick with Terry Lee, it has colour, great explanations and worked solutions. They occasionally throw in some alternative solutions at the back. Pay close attention to those.
This really help! :p

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
OKAY THANKS MAN :) GOOD LUCK !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)