integral (1 Viewer)

nightweaver066

HSC
Unsure if you'll need to take absolute value of the denominator but..

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
The absolute value does matter.
It'll just mean you have cases for the final answer, if x<-1 or x>=-1

juantheron

HSC
N/A
Thanks friends for answering.

I soorry for my typo mistake,actually original question is

deswa1

HSC
thats fine, ill find a way!
I don't think you can do it with substitution or by parts or any 'normal' means. The way I did it was trial and error- working out what you need to differentiate to give that as the answer. I can post the answer though if you guys want (but that might spoil it...)

barbernator

HSC
I don't think you can do it with substitution or by parts or any 'normal' means. The way I did it was trial and error- working out what you need to differentiate to give that as the answer. I can post the answer though if you guys want (but that might spoil it...)
hmmm interesting. Why would they ask a question about it then? wolfram alpha didnt even want to do the steps for me. It said its unavailable for some reason. But thats pretty cool how you found it by trial and error.

deswa1

HSC
hmmm interesting. Why would they ask a question about it then? wolfram alpha didnt even want to do the steps for me. It said its unavailable for some reason. But thats pretty cool how you found it by trial and error.
I don't think they would- I've never seen anything this hard in any HSC paper (the fact that I got it by trial was a fluke pretty much). Where did you get this question from OP?

CcYann

HSC
Capture.PNG
I don't understand these steps tho. can somebody explain for me plz?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)