BOS MX2 Trials discussion thread. (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys for the effort. Shame I couldn't come. I shall attempt this paper tonight.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Did anyone get Q14b)iii)? I did it, but I used L'Hopitals...

Q15b)iv) - I found that the expression was S_n and had no idea where to go from there

deswa1

HSC

Q15b)iv) - I found that the expression was S_n and had no idea where to go from there
Yeah I got both of those. The same can't be said for the rest of the paper though haha- Q16 destroyed me :(

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
wow wat an exam, how many people sat the test?
Around 10 people iirc.

You just needed to make a few manipulations to acquire sin(theta)/theta.

You had to somehow link the two parts, by actually evaluating S_n first as n -> infinity. It actually converges to ln(1/2) or -ln(2).

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
You were put under stress, so you wouldn't be able to think as clearly. The point of today was to practise clearing your mind during the exam.

enoilgam

HSC
You were put under stress, so you wouldn't be able to think as clearly. The point of today was to practise clearing your mind during the exam.
I might not know much about the actual questions in the exam, but this is something which everyone should have taken away from the exams on Monday and Wednesday. From what I saw, most people had trouble in the exam itself, but could figure most questions out at home when they were more relaxed and thinking clearly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)