How much study? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

I have just started 4-unit and am wondering how much study should be done each day? (just for 4-unit), is one hour of 3-unit and one of 4-unit sufficient? Also, is it recommended to get a tutor? I am the only person in my 4unit class (thats right, a teacher all to myself :D) so i have nobody to compare to.
Thanks.

Ozz^E

i would advice a more jusitfied balance between 3u and 4u: meaning more time for 4u. I myself actaully spent probably half my study time at home on 4u and hardly did any on 3u. But we had like 10 hrs of 3u a week at school and 5 hrs of 4u. But still, 4u requires more time. I personnally aimed for doin 4 hrs home study on school days (though i got home at 4:30) and bout 6 on ave on weekdays. Though i never achieved these, i was pretty close on ave. SO i think u should do 1.5 hrs on 4u, half an hr on 3u and then another 1-3 (depending on how much u can do) on ohter subs. I only had 3 subs (two being maths) in yr 12 too, so that prob made it a lil easier.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
How many hours are you spending on other subjects?

If 4U is your weakest subject spend more time on it, but not EXCESIVE amounts of extra time on it.

I aimed for 1hr/unit/week normally, so 2hr on 4U and 2hr on 3U (but often I made that 3hr on 4U and 1hr on 3U). DO NOT panic if you don't do as much study, everyone is different.

If you have your own teacher why get a tutor? THEY are your tutor? A teacher to yourself? You'll do REALLY well out of that deal ...

N

ND

Originally posted by McLake
How many hours are you spending on other subjects?

If 4U is your weakest subject spend more time on it, but not EXCESIVE amounts of extra time on it.
Thanks for the replies everybody.
I spend 1 hour on physics and 1 on chem each week day. 4U isn't my strongest, but it definately isn't my weakest (i think english takes that one). I think i will increase my 4-unit workload and decrease the 3-unit, as suggested by Ozz^E.

nakata

it really depends. If you are really good in 3U, then you shouldnt really be studying, as everything is past knoledge anyway. What you should be doing for 3U however, is doing lots and lots of questions, same for 4U once you learn the stuff. I think that 4U should still be given a considerable amount of time, since it is a good scaler, and it is 4U i guess (or is it 2?). But then again, ifyou are doing 10units, then you should have even spread for everything. I do twelve units, so i forego my physics time for maths, and concentrate on 4U maths papers, rather then 3U papers, as they tend to be very repetitive and pretty easy.

BUt all in all, as you get closer to the test, all you should be doing is tests and questions, i find that many 4U questions are different, so it is good to practice.
doing questions are the main thing to going good i think, lots of questions.:)

N

ND

Originally posted by nakata
it really depends. If you are really good in 3U, then you shouldnt really be studying, as everything is past knoledge anyway. What you should be doing for 3U however, is doing lots and lots of questions, same for 4U once you learn the stuff. I think that 4U should still be given a considerable amount of time, since it is a good scaler, and it is 4U i guess (or is it 2?). But then again, ifyou are doing 10units, then you should have even spread for everything. I do twelve units, so i forego my physics time for maths, and concentrate on 4U maths papers, rather then 3U papers, as they tend to be very repetitive and pretty easy.

BUt all in all, as you get closer to the test, all you should be doing is tests and questions, i find that many 4U questions are different, so it is good to practice.
doing questions are the main thing to going good i think, lots of questions.:)
Lots of questions, got it, thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)