Curve sketching question (1 Viewer)

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
So I just finished my 4U trial today and my teacher put a question about graphing the derivative y=f'(x) of the given function y=f(x) :eek:. The function look like this:

Can anybody show me how the derivative graph of this function look like? Thanks!!!:)

photastic

HSC
I got a question, would can you approach it the same as 2u, like SP becomes roots, POI becomes SP and HPOI becomes both root and SP?

gahyunkk

HSC
Is it something like this?
Someone Correct me if im wrong
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406807086.146334.jpg

Ive got my 4u trial tmr and i feel like im so screwed :(((((

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
where there are turning points on f(x), an x-int will exist on f'(x). for triple roots, a double root will exist on f'(x)?

emilios

HSC
Really? They put a simple year 11 2 unit question in the Ext 2 paper?
... graphing derivative functions when you're not given an equation is a perfectly standard 4U type question. It can be a lot trickier than some of the other stuff they test in the Graphs topic.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
... graphing derivative functions when you're not given an equation is a perfectly standard 4U type question. It can be a lot trickier than some of the other stuff they test in the Graphs topic.
I've never seen one in a 4U paper, but I have seen it in a 2U paper. It would be VERY easy marks in a 4U paper.

braintic

HSC
N/A
No asymptotes - that is a 2 unit standard question. A 4 unit student should not have any difficulty with that one.

photastic

HSC
No asymptotes - that is a 2 unit standard question. A 4 unit student should not have any difficulty with that one.
Perhaps a better 4 unit question is find the log of its reciprocal.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Perhaps a better 4 unit question is find the log of its reciprocal.
I guess that would test how many people spot the quick way.

But yes, any composite function question would be harder than this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)