2014 BOS Trial Extension 2 Exam Results Thread (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Feel free to share your marks, where you messed up or where you did well! Myself and Trebla will be here to answer questions about your paper, especially if you scored something you did not expect. We can explain briefly in this thread (do NOT PM us about this) why you lost the marks.

Hi all,

The results are finally here!

Unfortunately, nobody scored above 70% as per the challenge. The highest score was 65/100, a very good effort! Well done to that individual.

Thank you all for attending. It was a difficult exam and a huge challenge for all. I'd like to congratulate each and every one of you for having the the guts to attempt this paper, knowing what you were in for, well done =) This exam is very difficult and it is to separate the creamiest from the cream of the crop. To show you what I mean, students scoring ~20% raw last year scored an E4, so this exam is to separate all the E4's from each other, from low E4 to 1st in the State potentially.

The solutions, marking criteria and markers comments will be released by the end of this weekend for you all to read.

Once again, thank you all for sitting the paper and well done for giving your best shot at the exam, which is what matters most.

If you wish to receive your results or your friends', please PM me asking for them and I will tell you which position you were in, to see your raw mark breakdown.

One major thing that I noticed when marking these is that a lot of responses had a LOT of working out, but it was often based on incorrect assumptions or incorrect understanding of properties, thus scoring zero.

Again, here is a copy of the paper if you are interested in seeing it. Please note that this is slightly different to the printed ones on the exam day, as we've corrected some typos in there.

Extension 2 Examination.

For those wishing to attempt in 2015, please feel free to message me on these forums next year early October!

Good luck all for your HSC Examinations =)

Last edited:

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Re: 2014 BOS Trial Exam Results Thread

Wow. No 70+.

immabighero

HSC

Are the 3u results going to be released as well?

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC

reading this has crushed my dreams of scoring over 60

Chlee1998

HSC

It'd be interesting to see up to which rank on this exam would result in a state rank for MX2. I'm guessing up to rank 3 will state rank though.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC

It'd be interesting to see up to which rank on this exam would result in a state rank for MX2. I'm guessing up to rank 3 will state rank though.
i would say a lot more than the top 3 have the ability to state rank as far as getting the questions, it just comes down to exam pressure and a bit of luck with strengths being tested in the final exam if you ask me.

i'm not in the top 3 and i've done 15 years of HSC papers with marks ranging from 90 - 99, it really just depended on what topics were assessed in the harder questions.

mirachael

HSC
I reckon anyone who passed has a shot at a state rank (or maybe I'm just saying that to make myself feel better)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)