Colleges for Adults to learn Maths Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Curious to know if there are colleges for adults to learn Maths Extension 2 in Sydney?

Didn't get the opportunity to do 'Extension 2 ' maths and would be happy to devote a year doing this maths at an institution.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Did you want the official documentation saying you've completed the course, or is this for self study?

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I am looking for self study I just did a Google Search there are a few courses. Think its a case of just ringing up every TAFE and just checking whether it fits in with my schedule. I see for instance Granville TAFE offering a few night classes for Extension 2 and Extension 1 Maths.

glittergal96

HSC
If you are doing it purely for self-study there is absolutely no reason to handcuff yourself to the actual MX2 syllabus. You can actually learn the base topics like calculus and complex numbers properly, and then pick a bunch of topics of a similar level that sound interesting to you personally.

It would be pretty easy to tailor a personalised "MX2 course" for yourself of comparable difficulty and size (which you can change yourself, by choosing easier/more difficult books as you go). Something like this would be way more rewarding and easier to motivate yourself for IMO.

glittergal96

HSC
Oh I didn't read that you wanted to do it at an actual place, rather than just learning from books. In that case your options are more limited, and I am less knowledgable about them...sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)