100% in 4u maths? (1 Viewer)

Physicklad

HSC
Yo yo dudes has anyone ever scored 100% raw for 4u maths? Is it even possible??

Ive heard people get 100 for exam mark and stuff, but this doesn't necessarily mean they got 100% right? What raw mark usually scales to 100 exam mark in 4u?

Drsoccerball

HSC
The only way of getting 100 is if you get above 70 for the BOS trials. So no one would get 100.

Physicklad

HSC
surely there are gods out there that can pull out 70% on carrots' stuff.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
the students that go on to state rank dont even get over 70 on the papers

Physicklad

HSC
really?? my friend did a past paper and got like 80 something because he couldnt finish in time. but maybe he marked easy or something

Drsoccerball

HSC
The only reason i want to get above 70% is so realisenothing could shout me lunch.

Drsoccerball

HSC
what if you repeat the hsc so many times, and you JUST take 4u maths every year (apart from the first where you do your other subjects). So you have the whole 3-5 years to study 24/7 4 unit maths.
Silly mistakes

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
out of curiosity, what raw mark would equate to a 100 exam mark?

teridax

HSC
N/A
I bet if you made your BOS trial and sold it to the top schools in the state to use as their trial then you would have people getting over 70%. You just haven't got enough of the population doing 4u doing your exam every year (because you are only going through BOS). It's not a reliable experiment, meaning its not valid either.
funny, because bos for the most part actually comprises of the students who attend top schools lol

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I bet if you made your BOS trial and sold it to the top schools in the state to use as their trial then you would have people getting over 70%. You just haven't got enough of the population doing 4u doing your exam every year (because you are only going through BOS). It's not a reliable experiment, meaning its not valid either.
That would be true, if all of the applicants were people who happen to be roaming around the forums.

However, how it generally works is that I link it to a student, they send it to their friends who go to 'top schools', then it snowballs and spreads from there.

For example, I have at least five students from each of the top selective schools attending this year. In fact, there are also more than 20 students from a particular top selective school who have registered.

However, I agree with your sentiment that every year there will exist some students who CAN do well in it, but for one reason or another they are not sitting the paper. There are some very bright ones out there, and not necessarily from selective schools either!

Last edited:

physchemnotes

HSC
Back to the original topic here what raw mark do you think state rank students get in the HSC exams? I mean obviously it varies but would anyone have an idea what's sorta standard?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Back to the original topic here what raw mark do you think state rank students get in the HSC exams? I mean obviously it varies but would anyone have an idea what's sorta standard?
State ranking students will typically score ~95%+ raw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)