Silly mistakes >:( (1 Viewer)

Physicklad

HSC
Yea maybe this is a stupid question but has anyone found an effective method/technique to minimise careless mistakes? One that worked for me was that I tried to fall into a rhythm when doing math and once I caught this wavelenght I could be pretty reliable. But has anyone got any other tricks that may be useful?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say make your working somewhat legible to yourself. So you don't make the mistake of accidently carrying over the wrong numbers.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Everyone mistakes them (even uni lecturers screw up their arithmetic from time to time), practice a-lot to minimise the amount of care-less mistakes you make.

physchemnotes

HSC
If you have time at the end of the test its always worthwhile redoing arithmetic-heavy questions to see if you made a mistake. Also simple tricks like differentiating expressions you have just integrated, recombining the partial fraction you just split up etc. reduce the time it takes to filter out mistakes.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Careless mistakes are always my nemesis.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
I'm strongly confident the problem lies with one's degree of concentration at each particular step (or maybe the general abilities to focus.)

The error I was making was thinking too far ahead, thereby losing focus on the current step, thus doing something like 3 x 3 = 6. So I fixed it by allocating all my focus on each step when I was studying at home to train the brain, nomsayin'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)