HSC 2016 MX2 Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Post any questions within the scope and level of Mathematics Extension 2. Once a question is posted, it needs to be answered before the next question is raised.

This thread is mainly targeting Q1-15 difficulty in the HSC. Any questions of Q16 difficulty or harder should be posted in the Advanced thread.

I encourage all current HSC students in particular to participate in this marathon.

To start off:

Last edited by a moderator:

Drsoccerball

HSC
Re: HSC 2016 4U Marathon

Post any questions within the scope and level of Mathematics Extension 2. Once a question is posted, it needs to be answered before the next question is raised.

This thread is mainly targeting Q1-15 difficulty in the HSC. Any questions of Q16 difficulty or harder should be posted in the Advanced thread.

I encourage all current HSC students in particular to participate in this marathon.

To start off:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Not sure if that second part is in scope of HSC...

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Drsoccerball, I'm afraid that it's time to move on.

You are no longer one of them.
Well he encouraged all current ones to participate – he didn't ban non-current ones from participating! :p

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

This is probably a general note across all the marathon threads. Whilst it is great to for non-HSC students to participate and have discussions about mathematical concepts, please don't overdo it at the expense of not giving current HSC students a chance to participate.

Drsoccerball

HSC

This is probably a general note across all the marathon threads. Whilst it is great to for non-current HSC students participate and have discussions about mathematical concepts, please don't overdo it at the expense of not giving current HSC students a chance to participate.
The roast is real...

qwert73

HSC

Any textbooks/pastpapers which help because I have no idea how to do some of these from looking at them

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

Are the Dürer's Shell Curves, Devil's Curve, Conchoid, and Bicorn sketchable using Extension 2 techniques?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC

My teacher said it's allowed....
.-.
It used to be in the curriculum but they took it out at some point, I think. I don't really know why they would, since is just a different way of writing the exact same thing, and to a lot of students (myself included) Euler's Formula was the "OMG MATH IS COOL" moment (especially seeing the Taylor series derivation of it). I wouldn't use it in exams, just to be on the safe side, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)