Can I still improve? (1 Viewer)

hscc

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, my first 4u internal exam last term (term 4 year 11) was worth 10% to my internals for HSC. I don't know what happened, lack of preparation/exam technique or what not, I completely failed it -> 51% -> which ranks me around 18/20 in my school (ranked in mid 30s). In the holidays I revised complex/polynomials (the topics in the exam I failed) and redid the test on my own at home and got 82%, but still disappointed with that 51% i got. Anyways, this term's exam is on conics and integration, and I'm studying really hard for that to prevent the same thing from happening again. Can I still do well and get an E4?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Hi everyone, my first 4u internal exam last term (term 4 year 11) was worth 10% to my internals for HSC. I don't know what happened, lack of preparation/exam technique or what not, I completely failed it -> 51% -> which ranks me around 18/20 in my school (ranked in mid 30s). In the holidays I revised complex/polynomials (the topics in the exam I failed) and redid the test on my own at home and got 82%, but still disappointed with that 51% i got. Anyways, this term's exam is on conics and integration, and I'm studying really hard for that to prevent the same thing from happening again. Can I still do well and get an E4?
Yes, absolutely (if you do well enough in the rest of your assessments and in the external exam).

leehuan

HSC
Put it this way.

That was weighted really low. Use your following internal tasks to reestablish your rank and then kill the final exam. Moderation will naturally save your internals with a high rank.

hscc

HSC
N/A
Put it this way.

That was weighted really low. Use your following internal tasks to reestablish your rank and then kill the final exam. Moderation will naturally save your internals with a high rank.
Thanks leehuan.

sida1049

HSC
Yes!

An E4 in Mathematics Extension 2 requires a raw mark of about mid/high-60s. Furthermore, a 40/100 raw mark on the external exam yields an ATAR equivalent of 98 (i.e. your MX2 mark pulls your overall ATAR towards this number).

From the information you've given, I'm getting the impression that you're a capable student, perhaps inconsistent with regards to results, but that inconsistency is proof of your capacity do well. You still have time to improve; you just need to manage your time well and dedicate enough effort into the subject.

Good luck!

hscc

HSC
N/A
Yes!

An E4 in Mathematics Extension 2 requires a raw mark of about mid/high-60s. Furthermore, a 40/100 raw mark on the external exam yields an ATAR equivalent of 98 (i.e. your MX2 mark pulls your overall ATAR towards this number).

From the information you've given, I'm getting the impression that you're a capable student, perhaps inconsistent with regards to results, but that inconsistency is proof of your capacity do well. You still have time to improve; you just need to manage your time well and dedicate enough effort into the subject.

Good luck!
Thanks, I'll study hard for the next assessments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)