should i do 4u? (1 Viewer)

hekka

HSC
okay okay there are like 200 posts like this but i have to choose my yr 12 subjects rn and i'm really torn between doing 4u maths or extension history... i got ~77% for my ext 1 yearly (which was about 6th in the year/45), but my avg mark for ancient history is sitting at around 95% atm

I hear you need to be passionate about maths to do 4u, and although i do like it, i'm not crazy about it, while i really enjoy history... but 4u maths scales ridiculously well and it'll also help my 3u mark. (& ext history sounds pretty subjective with its marking)
How much work and motivation do you need to do well in 4u? I'm worried i'll get overwhelmed if i choose it.

thanks in advance :)

(I'll also be doing 4u english, if that means anything)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
The 95% is definitely a good mark for ancient history and if you enjoy it more, you should pick it!

si2136

HSC
N/A
Stick with 3U Maths. You're doing 3U History and 4U English.

Dragon9000

HSC
N/A
Depends. You need to be alright with doing a lot of maths considering that's what most of your time is going to be studying for 4U, 3U and 2U. With that 77% assessment mark, you would be able to do it, but it is ultimately up to you.

(I'll also be doing 4u english, if that means anything)
I know of a current year 12 at my school who is doing 4U English, 4U Maths, Visual Arts and Textiles. Simply you just have to have the time management skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)