E4 Cutoff predictions? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
My guess is that the cutoff this year may lie around 65-70, considering it's harder than in the last few years, but not ridiculously insane compared to say, 2008.

calamebe

HSC
What about state rank cut off? I was thinking (hoping) maybe 97 or 98. Would that be reasonable?

tondog

HSC
Just my opinion, from what I saw, the paper seemed hard at first glance but isn't really. Everything was standard (with usual plus minus few tricks) up until Q15.

Q15(ii) just needed one small trick.
Q16 needed basic understanding of complex numbers and probability question was very doable, in fact you didn't even really need to understand (i) or (ii) to get the rest, only some basic explanations were needed for part(i) leading to (ii).
Sorry if it sounds disheartening but I model that the average will shift down a little but the higher end remains stable so there probably will be people getting 96+ raw
So overall, I thought the paper was interesting to say the least, average would go down but expecting no shifts in terms of mark expectations from last year for the state rankers.
I guess 73-75 raw would be 90

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)