Should i drop Maths Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

Snow Black

HSC
N/A
hehehe... posted this in the wrong section...

Okay this has been bugging me for a while now
I shall explain my position at the moment

Right now I am in that weird transition stage between year 11 and 12 and am currently sitting on 13 units and want to eventually drop something
I haven't decided yet what it is but i am leaning towards Ext 2 maths.
My parents don't want me to drop but i do and here's the following reasons
At tutoring, I'm struggling to understand what is going on in class for maths extension 2.
Because of tutoring, I'm starting to get really stressed out and lose confidence in myself because I have no idea what's going on.
However at school, I'm doing okay not the best but I'm getting there (we haven't had any assessment tasks yet so i can't say for certain whats going to happen but i understand everything in class)

I am incredibly unmotivated to do extension 2 and just want to focus on maths ext 1 (i'm not doing too badly but i could be doing better in both 3U and 2U)
I am also an incredibly lazy person who does not like exerting a lot of effort into something unless its something to do with art or designing stuff
ALSO I am not a morning person at all. I sleep really late and its quite hard for to fix it (my body clock is so screwed up rn) resulting in me being really dead coming into class. I wanted afternoon classes but it didn't work out....
BUT the teacher I have for Extension 2 is AMAZING she's so good. She explains things so well and is really patient. But the thing is I'm having another teacher for half of the topics so i dont have her all the time....

So I'm not too sure what I want to do
Should i:
1. Drop tutoring and self teach myself and hope for the best --> i really want to do this but i wanna see what u guys think
2. Drop ext 2 now
3. Wait for the first assessment task or
4. Keep ext 2 for the scaling?

Any kind of help and advice would be most appreciated

By the way here are my subjects:
English Advanced
SOR 1
Maths 2U
Maths Extension 1
Maths Extension 2
Physics
Information Processes and Technology
Visual Arts

I'm doing ok in majority of my subjects (I'm top 10 in everything except for English and SOR) so I think (hope) that would be enough to reach my goal ATAR of 93 and one of the main reasons I'm doing extension 2 is for the scaling (i know its a horrible reason but I'm not doing atrociously in maths so I just wanted to try it)

Any kind of advice or feedback would be awesome

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)