Having trouble finishing an exam (1 Viewer)

Treedom

HSC
Maths is coming up an I'm feeling the panic!!

I keep finding I'm having difficulty completely finishing an exam in 3 hours and my friends keep telling me this is normal but is it really??? Are they just saying this to calm me down???? I get the exam is meant to be hard but wouldn't most people still be able to finish the whole test considering they know their stuff well enough? Why would they make an exam impossible to finish????

Freaking out send help ):

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
By finish do you mean answer every question completely or just attempt (to an extent) every question?

For example, The last question is typically the killer for a lot of students considering its immense difficulty. This results in a lot of students “not finishing.”

Its pretty normal for students not to finish the 4u exam considering its difficulty, so I wouldn’t worry too much! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MinaSaw

HSC
If you are able to get 75-80% of the exam and get it all right at your pace then I think it's fine at this stage as that's okay to get a good mark (probably an E4). I'm pretty sure from the majority of the students no one finishes the exam by that I mean has completed every single question but you should be attempting every question. Maybe look for a problem; spending too long on multiple choice or giving some questions too much time.
Good luck

Sp3ctre

HSC
Most students are unable to finish the exam in under 3 hours. Since you’re one of them, just aim for 100% for questions 1-14 because question 15 is where the difficulty gets slightly harder. Assuming if you make no careless mistakes and are able to answer all of them, that already puts you at a mark of 70. Each question is worth 15 marks (q11-16), so if you don’t have time for all of q15 or q16 just try doing the first few parts which are usually quite easy. Just make sure to lock in the marks from the earlier questions because you get the same number of marks for doing q11 as doing q16, it’s the amount of effort you need to put in which will differ. If you do run out of time then, you might not have even known how to do the questions that you havent done anyway. Hope this isn’t too all over the place :3

Treedom

HSC
Thanks for all the replies guys I'm feeling a lot better now! Guess I just gotta keep the papers coming :)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for all the replies guys I'm feeling a lot better now! Guess I just gotta keep the papers coming :)
Good to hear! Remember to also do some questions from a specific exercise in a textbook or questions book if you are struggling with something specific!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah it's normal but trials are usually the place where you're out of time and HSC should ease up a bit on the time factor. However it is very hard to "finish" due to q16 most of the time and its difficulty.

But yes it's normal just practice more under timed conditions.

fluffchuck

HSC
I keep finding I'm having difficulty completely finishing an exam in 3 hours and my friends keep telling me this is normal but is it really???
Yes it's normal!

Are they just saying this to calm me down????
No they are not, it is quite difficult to finish an entire paper.

I get the exam is meant to be hard but wouldn't most people still be able to finish the whole test considering they know their stuff well enough?
Not many people will complete the entire paper despite having an outstanding ability in Maths. There will almost always be questions that will screw many people over.

Why would they make an exam impossible to finish????
This is the Extension 2 Mathematics course :^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)