Raw Marks Question (1 Viewer)

JaxsenW

HSC
Hi guys, so my ATAR goal for year 12 is 95.
I have a looked at a few ATAR Calculators that have a feature where you can find out the marks you need for each course to get your desired ATAR.
For 4U it says I need a reported mark of 74.
My question is, what is the raw mark I need to be getting on papers on average to achieve this?
Thanks

JaxsenW

HSC
Thanks, I had a look at this but there was nothing really around the reported mark I need haha.
I don't think I'm quite E4 material for 4U.
I'm fairly sure I can get that reported mark of 74 quite easily, just curious to roughly what that raw mark would be.
My goal for raw marks in papers is around 65%

Killua101

HSC
65/100 is around mid to high 80s which when scaled is 94+ i think. So u should be fine.
Also remember raw marks vary on each years' difficulty (like in 2010 65% scaled to like 93 or someshit)

JaxsenW

HSC
Okay thankyou.
I thought that around 75 (reported), would scale to roughly 95 as it says on the calculators but I guess I need to work a bit harder.
Thanks again

D94

HSC
N/A
Okay thankyou.
I thought that around 75 (reported), would scale to roughly 95 as it says on the calculators but I guess I need to work a bit harder.
Thanks again
You'd need like 40%. You should certainly aim higher as the benefits of higher marks can help offset low marks in another course.

JaxsenW

HSC
You'd need like 40%. You should certainly aim higher as the benefits of higher marks can help offset low marks in another course.
Oh awesome! Thank you!
Yeah as I said the plan is to aim for approx 65 raw to offset my poor English (I am praying for 85 overall at best)
So just getting it straight, approx 40% raw mark, gets aligned to approx 75, which gets scaled to approx 95?
That seems insane to me Haha.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mikestro

HSC
I feel that this way of approaching your marks will just lead to disappointment. Spend your time trying to master the subject.
For your information, the scaling is not fixed and depends on many factors that make this sort of speculation rather meaningless.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Oh awesome! Thank you!
Yeah as I said the plan is to aim for approx 65 raw to offset my poor English (I am praying for 85 overall at best)
So just getting it straight, approx 40% raw mark, gets aligned to approx 75, which gets scaled to approx 95?
That seems insane to me Haha.
Thanks

Yeah but aiming for 40% raw mark isn't a good idea... always aim for band 6 :)

JaxsenW

HSC
Yeah but aiming for 40% raw mark isn't a good idea... always aim for band 6 :)
Of course haha, since this my confidence has gone up considerably in 4U, especially after the half yearly and I am aiming much higher
Was more just that I eas surprises the lower percentages nearly double in the aligning process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)