Thread: 4U Math, Tutoring and Stress

Cadet
    HSC

4U Math, Tutoring and Stress

How feasible is it to do 4U math without tutoring? In addition, how high will I have to score in order for me to scale higher than a 100 in 2U? I'm debating between dropping it or keeping it, I could continue with 4U and drop at the very last second because our school requires us to do all the 2U exams in case we drop. Is the stress and worry worth it?

Cadet
    HSC

Re: 4U Math, Tutoring and Stress

I do 4U and have never done tutoring in my life. In terms of ranks I'm doing pretty okay but I do get a lot of help from teachers and other students. I reckon you should continue 4U unless if the workload is too much and decide whether to drop or not right at the end once you have all your ranks. The worst is dropping then realising that you shouldn't have
    [FONT=Century Gothic][I]2017 HSC : 2U Maths (94)

2018 HSC : Eng Adv | 3U Maths | 4U Maths | Bio | Legal

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by darkk_blu View Post
    How feasible is it to do 4U math without tutoring? In addition, how high will I have to score in order for me to scale higher than a 100 in 2U? I'm debating between dropping it or keeping it, I could continue with 4U and drop at the very last second because our school requires us to do all the 2U exams in case we drop. Is the stress and worry worth it?
    You don't need tutoring to do well.

If you plan on doing engineering at uni, take 4U. Bumping up your ATAR by .05 by doing 2U sounds good, but your ATAR doesn't matter as long as it meets the cutoff. Also in the long term, not doing 4U puts you behind everybody else in uni physics.

If you really want to know scaling, check the HSC 2017 A3 table.
    Last edited by fan96; 5 Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM.
    HSC 2018 - [English Adv.] • [Maths Ext. 1] • [Maths Ext. 2] • [Chemistry] • [Software Design and Development]

1(3√3) t2 dt cos(3π/9) = log(3√e) | Integral t2 dt, From 1 to the cube root of 3. Times the cosine, of three pi over nine, Equals log of the cube root of e.

HSC
    N/A

TBH; if you want to do engineering, 4U maths is the minimum. Even 3U maths is not enough to cope with first year engineering material. And bridging courses in Uni are generally s*** as they only cover a topic briefly around 1 hour and not all of the people who teach bridging courses are competent. 2U maths is only enough for a Commerce degree majoring in accounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC

Why is it so important not to get tutoring?

Thread Information