Fitzpatrick Extension 2 (2nd Edition) (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC

sida1049

HSC
Our 2015 extension 2 classed bought it for HSC, despite our school initially giving us the Cambridge textbook. We liked it more.

I recommend the new Fitzpatrick textbook, especially if you are planning to do some considerable self-studying of the topics, or if you're finding the 4U concepts difficult to get a handle on; it has good explanations and worked examples. The only downside against it, often argued by some top students, is that it has less challenging problems than Cambridge or Terry Lee. I would still recommend it anyway, since it still has many problems of varying difficulty levels, and if you really want to, you can easily supplement challenging problems elsewhere (e.g. doing a shit load of past papers, which you're going to do anyway).

(Also, being a fairly recent edition, there are a few typos, but it wasn't an issue when we used it back in 2015.)

Also it looks aesthetic af and feels good tactually

Last edited:

sida1049

HSC
It sits on my shelf now and gives me an endorphin boost every time I see it

it's the gift that keeps on giving

Heresy

HSC
Our 2015 extension 2 classed bought it for HSC, despite our school initially giving us the Cambridge textbook. We liked it more.

I recommend the new Fitzpatrick textbook, especially if you are planning to do some considerable self-studying of the topics, or if you're finding the 4U concepts difficult to get a handle on; it has good explanations and worked examples. The only downside against it, often argued by some top students, is that it has less challenging problems than Cambridge or Terry Lee. I would still recommend it anyway, since it still has many problems of varying difficulty levels, and if you really want to, you can easily supplement challenging problems elsewhere (e.g. doing a shit load of past papers, which you're going to do anyway).

(Also, being a fairly recent edition, there are a few typos, but it wasn't an issue when we used it back in 2015.)

Yeah I mainly want to self study - a lot of the MX2 textbooks are confusing when it comes to explaining the theory. Thanks for your input.

P.S. Is there a PDF of it?

sida1049

HSC
Yeah I mainly want to self study - a lot of the MX2 textbooks are confusing when it comes to explaining the theory. Thanks for your input.

P.S. Is there a PDF of it?
I doubt it. It's probably the most (or among the most) recent 4U textbooks, and protected by copyright. I personally recommend actually getting a physical copy anyway - it's legit aesthetic

Arrowshaft

HSC

I agree with the theory being good, it does not do what most books do and give arbitrary values of “x” and infinite geometric sequences or some garbage to “explain” a concept, it actually works through examples o introduce the theory, which might I add are very in depth, so in depth in fact some simple worked examples take one page just to explain the concept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)