2 u mark (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
if u do 4u maths, do u get an automatic mark of 100/100 for ur 2u mark??? thats what i have been hearing....is there any truth to it?

bobo123

HSC
serious?
but then we're not eligible to top the state in 2unit right? :)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
if u do 4u maths, do u get an automatic mark of 100/100 for ur 2u mark??? thats what i have been hearing....is there any truth to it?
No you get no mark for 2 unit, you only get a 3 unit mark and 4 unit mark both of which make up two units each respectively.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
There is no logic in that... if you don't sit the exam there is no way they are just going to assume that the thousands of students who do 4u will all be first in the 2u exam.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Bon
They assume that you can get a mark of 120/120 in 2u if you're a 4u student.
Hmm that might explain how they came up with the idea of making 3u and 4u count as 2 units each.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
You don't get a 2U mark (as many people have already said), instead it says on your HSC results that you would have obtained band 6 in 2U.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by McLake
You don't get a 2U mark (as many people have already said), instead it says on your HSC results that you would have obtained band 6 in 2U.
so when it comes to the hsc we dont sit the 2 u paper?

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

The 2u and the 4u paper are on at the same time so no.
yeh it could b hard sitting two papers at once!!!....altho.....na that wouldnt work....

i spose the reason y our skool is makin us do the 2 u course wid the rest is so in case if anyone decides to drop ext 2 they would not have lost assessment marks for 2u.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

yeh it could b hard sitting two papers at once!!!....altho.....na that wouldnt work....

i spose the reason y our skool is makin us do the 2 u course wid the rest is so in case if anyone decides to drop ext 2 they would not have lost assessment marks for 2u.
Yep ... same deal with us. We have to sit 2, 3 and 4 unit exams but we have till June to decide what we're going to do.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hmm that might explain how they came up with the idea of making 3u and 4u count as 2 units each.
Yes - that's right. I once asked George Cooney why the ME2 students didn't need to sit the 2 unit paper (when it is required of english students) and he responded with:

No good reason It is a historical curriculum structure. I have argued against it for too long. the maths people say that the 2 unit course is too easy and that their extension 2 students would get full marks on it. I think that is a fallacy, but ....

The ME2 students would actually end up with more scaled marks in the end if they were automatically given 100% for 2 unit, so it's at least fair that they're not given those free marks. The inequity between the english and mathematics course heirarchies isn't changed, though.

And I'm drifting off-topic; continue. :)

Rahul

Dead Member
ohhhh finally got it.....thnx guys. *runs off to the laz seeker in the other room to check the new predicted uai*

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
The inequity between the english and mathematics course heirarchies isn't changed, though.

And I'm drifting off-topic; continue. :)
Yeah I agree... it's sort of unfair towards 4u english students.

Btw, is George Cooney a nice bloke? :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Btw, is George Cooney a nice bloke?
I haven't met him, just emailed him - I'm sure he's as exciting as all statisticians. :p

sugarboy

SIR3N.COM
HSC
what i hear is when you do 4U, your 3U and 4U automatically are count as a 2 unit subject each so each subject will be out of 100 marks. This sounds logical aswell.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by sugarboy
what i hear is when you do 4U, your 3U and 4U automatically are count as a 2 unit subject each so each subject will be out of 100 marks. This sounds logical aswell.
That is true, both are out of 100.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If you're trying to calculate what your UAI would have been in 2001, use Maths Ext1 (4UC) as your 3u part and Maths Ext2 (4UA) as your 4u part - each worth two units.

The whole 4UC/4UA thing changed in 2002 so you won't have to worry about it anymore. The actual value for your 3u mark will probably be closer to the average of the results from 3UA and 4UC.

Rahul

Dead Member
also another thing,
the mark for 4u says that the lowest mark possible is 46.8 or something like that. how does that work?

coz i wanted to find out that wat my UAI would be if i was to get an avg of 80% across my subjects. and if i try to enter 80% for my 4UA mark i am prompted that the mark is too low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)