Hey pple: wat txtbook r u using for maths ext 2?? (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
We used Arnold & Anrnolds's Cambridge, along with Coroneous. Their is also a Fitzpatricks book ...

N

ND

Originally posted by McLake
We used Arnold & Anrnolds's Cambridge, along with Coroneous. Their is also a Fitzpatricks book ...
Is the Arnold the same as the Cambridge? I have the Arnold, and it doesn't seem so great, yet i hear everyone raving about the Cambridge.

I use the T. Lee book, and the Fitzpatrick or Excel for revision when i finish the questions in the Lee book.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by ~~**maltsyn**~~
Jim Coroneos? Or that Maths Foundations one?...or???
:)
using cambridge and getting taught by the author.
i also use the excel, 50 tips and fitzpatrick books.

js-angel

i use arnold and fitzpatrick but i think fitzpatrick is a waste of time, just do the arnold and you'll be fine (school makes us use fitzpatrick as well) cos fitzpatrick is heaps easier than the arnold text book...

and i think that the cambridge book is a lot better for 3u math than for 4u so maybe when you heard people raving about the cambridge, they were talking about 3u?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
in class we use the foundations by patel but i use cambridge and coroneous as well.

[QUOTE

I use the T. Lee book, and the Fitzpatrick or Excel for revision when i finish the questions in the Lee book. [/QUOTE]

i was wondering where u buy that book. i can't seem to find it. its black or something right??

i heard its pretty challenging.

my school makes me use fitzpatrick.
but i use coroneous (can't spell it ) , the cambridge four unit, the phoenix range and thats about it.

i haven't used excel.
my teacher told me that each subject in four unit maths is suppose to be taught with excercises from diff textbooks. that is some texbooks explain it better.
i'll get back to u.

but i think when someone was raving on about cambridge beiing great, i think that they were referring to both three and four unit textbooks. but i do agree, sometimes i don't find the excercises to great rather tedious :D

N

ND

Originally posted by livingdeadgirl

i was wondering where u buy that book. i can't seem to find it. its black or something right??

i heard its pretty challenging.
I'm not really sure where to get it, i'm borrowing it from my school. Surely they must be able to get it in for you at a book shop?

Some of the set C questions can be quite challenging, but i don't think they are equivalent to q7/q8.

Gruma

HSC
were using terry lee's book at school and my teacher likes to get questions out of the fitzpatrick book also.

ive also got the arnold and patel books. But i dont rely like the patel book, just quietly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)