About how ext2 forum works (1 Viewer)

spice girl

magic mirror
I hear some of us are worrying about the lack of queries / questions coming from HSC students. Considering that this is March (and the psychology that ext2 students are not posting dumb questions because they're afraid ppl will think they shouldn't be doing the course), I reckon this is pretty normal.

As for the "who can post the funkiest question" issue, I think that this is a good culture and we should encourage it.

Why?

Firstly, at school my teacher gives me the questions, not the other way around. I don't want this to sound like a classroom, but I think the best 4u students are those who have the exposure to plenty of harder questions (and their corresponding solutions).

Secondly the advantage that top students have over the rest of the state is their ability to solve problems in more than one way. This is why it's great that we have so many willing helpers, there'll always be more than one solution to each problem ppl put up.

I want to conclude by quoting my lecturer: "There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers".

What do you guys think about this?

SoFTuaRiaL

I think u seriously are a victim of society ....... :D
nah, i agree with spice girl ! its encouraged that 4u students know more than 1 way to solve a problem. many times in ur course of prep for the hsc u will encounter problems which r very much similar to ones u know, but the method u use will not work.....
i dont really remember an example, but will post one as soon as it comes to mind. neways, i too encourage 4u students to post any question; no matter how trivial it is and we ppl will do our best to help u guyz out
cheers

N

ND

I agree completely, while i am rarely able to solve one of these problems, i enjoy, and benefiet from trying to do them.

spice girl

magic mirror
Oh, btw, the quote "I'm a victim of society" came from Otis of the Monkey Island game

OLDMAN

HSC
N/A
OK. I am now with you. Shall post some interesting questions later. Meanwhile , there's already a few challenging questions questions here to discuss and digest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)