4u hsc scaling question (1 Viewer)

schooly

Hi i just wanted to ask a question that i keep getting different answers to form everybody.
is it true that in 4u hsc exam people only get about 50% and that scales them up to like 90%? these arent exact figures, but same concept.
Thankyou

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Yes, that's about right.

But people who just do four unit for the scaling will not scale well ...

SoFTuaRiaL

BoS doesnt release raw marks for any subject .......
i believe last yr, it was like if u get abt 60% raw, u get sclaed to around 90% ....... but then, it depends a lot on how ur year goes and as a result, on the raw aggregate

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i think they used to release the raw aggregate in the old system, i remember seing it somewhere

they should just give your raw mark back on your certificate so people actually know how well they performed in the exam instead of the useless HSC mark

what is the point of the HSC mark when you get a scaled mark from the UAC that counts to your UAI?

SoFTuaRiaL

abdoo, remember that there are 2 levels of scaling in the HSC. one is done by BoS so that ppl doing "easier" subjects are not advantaged, this scaling has nothing to do with the UAI.
then there is another scaling done by UAC which brings into focus ur marks as compared to the average mark, THIS counts for the UAI.
if u try out lazseeker, a mark of say 85 in 4u scales u to around 90. this is the UAC scaling. there is a note on lazseeker which tells u to enter ur estimated "scaled" mark

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
the raw average is about 40-60% but they still get scalled quite well, about 10-15% higher but that still isn't a very good mark.

the excel fast-track 50Tips books have the raw marks in the front cover, you can go to a book store and check them out

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Da Monstar
if u try out lazseeker, a mark of say 85 in 4u scales u to around 90. this is the UAC scaling. there is a note on lazseeker which tells u to enter ur estimated "scaled" mark
But that was based only on the HSC marks for 2001.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by jm1234567890
the excel fast-track 50Tips books have the raw marks in the front cover, you can go to a book store and check them out
hahaha.....mate u have been giving that book a plug heaps...LOL

it IS a good book

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Why not just try to aim to the best of your ability, that's noble enough. Why worry what mark you will get? I mean a UAI of 70's + will get u into a basic course, you stay put for a year and transfer into a bett one at the end of it...

DaGr81

scaling

sup
4u scaling is wierd
you must pass the state average in order to achieve the maximum scaling possible and the scaling is not that great
for a mark of about 79 it would be around 89 ish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)