Help!!!...I FAILED MY MY FIRST ASSESSMENT TASK!!!! (1 Viewer)

Steven88

HSC
N/A
I Just Falied My Extension 2 Test!!!!! Worth 15% ( First Assessment Task ) I Recieved 17/36...am I Screwed??? .. Has This Really Stuffed Me Up????? Can I Still Get A Uai Of 90+

Jaydels

HSC
no i dont think you're screwed... i know someone who failed a few of their assessments last year then started working really hard and got a mark of 80

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Steven88 said:
I Just Falied My Extension 2 Test!!!!! Worth 15% ( First Assessment Task ) I Recieved 17/36...am I Screwed??? .. Has This Really Stuffed Me Up????? Can I Still Get A Uai Of 90+
You can still do well. But only if next time around you actually work hard - past papers, et cetera.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I got 30%ish in my first physics exam, then failed another one later on, and still got 85 overall, so there's hope yet:)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Steven88 said:

hey u STILL CAN get 90+......don't worry so muchhhh...this is just the start n remember during ur hsc yr......there gotta be up's n down's!!!! so don't stresss , instead work harder for ur next assessment!!!

FinalFantasy

HSC
and it wouldn't even matter if other ppl stuff it up as well

Captain pi

HSC
I 'failed' my first Extension 2 task and got 93.

Your rank, and your rank alone, is the thing you should be worried about during your assessments.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Captain pi said:

Your rank, and your rank alone, is the thing you should be worried about during your assessments.
Haha true that, but when you kinda stuff up the first 2 assessments and end up ranked 10th at the half way mark your assessment mark is gonna fuck you over, at least to some degree.

Trev

stix
HSC
Captain pi said:

i didnt think you failed the first assessment task for ext2? (or are you saying you didnt fail just didnt go as expected?)
out of 3 ppl, i was the only one that passed the first assessment (and barely), now theres only 2 ppl left =S id rather there be more lol

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
trust me, just work hard and you can still get a good mark

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
man i know friends that got 30% in chem, 4u, english, physics and other shit, and still just scraped 80 uai.

breath !!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
wow amazing to see panic this early in the year. if you think you cant handle 4u maths then drop and do good at your other subjects.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
blackfriday said:
wow amazing to see panic this early in the year. if you think you cant handle 4u maths then drop and do good at your other subjects.
Rather dismal advice you are giving there, blackfriday - and mighty I add... incorrect?

Do not let it control your life or your other subjects, true, but don't just drop maths on a whim because you did poorly in just one assessment task!

ishq

brown?
HSC
blackfriday said:
I think people only panic and fret over their first and last assessments.
Thats when they are most motivated.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Rather dismal advice you are giving there, blackfriday - and mighty I add... incorrect?

Do not let it control your life or your other subjects, true, but don't just drop maths on a whim because you did poorly in just one assessment task!
weigh up the costs. 4u puts a minimum of 6 hours h/w plus study time. Can u afford that and base ur decision on that. I got 24/45 first assessment and dropped it. I don't need it and it was consuming way too much time. Just weight up your own personal costs, keep in mind I do ext 2 english... 3u mathz is good for me...

daemonic666

whats the point of this?
HSC
nick1048 said:
weigh up the costs. 4u puts a minimum of 6 hours h/w plus study time. Can u afford that and base ur decision on that. I got 24/45 first assessment and dropped it. I don't need it and it was consuming way too much time. Just weight up your own personal costs, keep in mind I do ext 2 english... 3u mathz is good for me...
im doing ext 2 eng as well, and we had our 1st ext 2 math ass. today
i think i did all right
in adv.eng.i really fucked up, but it can still work
i got 45%, but i can still get a 90 +
im not dropping anythin (4u math/eng, phys, chem) :rolleyes:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Exactly. Some people just give up easily and hey, that's fine. But what does it say about other things in life if you're just going to give up?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Exactly. Some people just give up easily and hey, that's fine. But what does it say about other things in life if you're just going to give up?
You just quoted my English Teacher!
Nice.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
sisters friend last yr, failed EVERY ASSESSMENT TASK..

probably got 15% in her trials...

HSC 4u mark: 62

UAI: 91.05

no band 6's
2 band 5's
1 band E2 and a E3 and a band 4

all science/maths subjects with esl english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)