4u CSSA Trial... what did you think? (1 Viewer)

Marianna

So whats the verdict on the CSSA Trial??

Compared to some of the independents I thought it was pretty hard....

We haven't done mechanics so there went question 6 and I was stuffed for harder 3u so :confused:

oh well 8 weeks to go!! :D

Vietz

i duno bout that test.....prolly borderline pass/fail...

was hard...just like the last ~5 yrs of cssa 4u trails...

=(

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
yup, i totally screwed dat

But luckily i was psychologically prepared by looking at the 2000 cssa paper last night. So instead of exploding during the exam, i already did that last night.

Hopefully i'll get around 60

:(

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
me too, hopefully* around 60

i did induction, and proved the first part of the circle geometry on q7.
anyone understand some of the question 8? was so hard..

and i also have problem on integrating 1/(x(x^2+1))..

damn cssa :(

SupaGloo

and i also have problem on integrating 1/(x(x^2+1))..
partial fractions? well i cant remember... all my knowledge of 4u just got killed with 6 hours of cooling down after that bastard of an exam. Now for chemistry... *hopes its not neap*

just remember d rules... if u cant int straight away... see if its a substitution, t method, ibp or partial frac which can be determined by the form of the question... do enough and ull figure it out. Some even need 2 or more rules(not that exam i hope!)... just check with the marking scheme. if its a 3 mark and uve got the answer in 2 lines... ur most likely wrong

POLYNOMIALS man! i was a gun in that..... now cssa has just proved me wrong!
VOLUMES!.. i din do part a at all... fack

CRAP... n people are telling me that mechanics question where u had to find the %tage was more den my answer... CRAP!.... that means everything else was wrong... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*hopes for a 40%* ... *n hopes every1 else gets <40*

... i hate goats

Vietz

turn it into 1/x - x/x^2 + 1....so when u integrate u get ln x - 1/2ln x^2 + 1..

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
wow i just remember partial fractions..
it sure flew out my head :( omg i suck :)

anyways by the ways i see some people expecting below 50% mark im a bit relieved :) everyone did do bad so i guess i won't find someone with marks higher than 80% in 1000 miles :D

my teacher was expecting students to do all of the questions..
wow :D

SupaGloo

mmm... depends how far away u r from the northern suburbs area... ull prob find an 80+ there in my school :D ...emphasis on the singular 'an'

chardo

hmmm.. b4 the exam.. my teacha sed 60-70% wud be a gud mark.. bt afta that.. damn id be lucky to pass..

Weyoun

hang on a second...

Was question 8 of the CSSA exam an induction proof for x^2n or something like that? I'm not sure exactly which paper we use, as all of my teachers re-label the tests as Armidale High School exams (which I'm sure is an act of gross plagiarism :)). I just seem to remeber that integration question dx/(x(1+x^2))

On the whole, I found my test challenging, though I think I'll get an alright mark for it. The only parts that really confused me were probability (our class hasn't even done 3U prob yet) and question 8, but apart from that, it was all good :) Damn, no usual 95% for me this time... :(

Marianna

Originally posted by chardo
hmmm.. b4 the exam.. my teacha sed 60-70% wud be a gud mark.. bt afta that.. damn id be lucky to pass..

I agree chardo.... oh well :(

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Q8 was hard
The grazing one was hard to uderstand, but i fink u had to find area by adding up triangle and segment of circle.
The last bit of that, u juz find f'(x) of the given f(x) and use newton's method. But i ran outer time subbing values in.

Sazzy

My goodness. I couldn't believe how hard that was!!! I don't even think i'd pass! :(
That was terrible!!!!! It has totally deflated my confidence!

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye, dat happened to ever1 at my skool
it was hard, but have u seen the 2000 cssa? That was crazy, im glad they thru in a few questions that was do-able.
Still hardest official 4u test ive done tho

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
Actually i didn't thinks it was that bad, when i came out of the exams the other three students who dp extension 2 maths were like OMG it was so hard and i was like it was ok and my feelings paid off!!!!!!!!
I topped it at my skool so i was very proud my mark was in the 60's and i am very happy seeing as i thought i would get 50%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)