B Bus/Info Sys - comparison (1 Viewer)

wce33

HSC
Hey everyone,

I am looking into different Unis for next year and have been seriously considering ACU. I was looking at both the Bach Information Systems or the Bach Bus/Information Systems double degree.

I was wondering what the industry consideration is for ACU graduates in the information technology field (I am also looking at UOW and I have talked to people in the industry who have held UOW graduates in IT in high regard).

Also, on the North Syd Campus, would you consider the facilities (mainly technology) as up to date as a larger uni - eg. range of wifi?

Finally, I am also pending for a job atm and I was hoping someone maybe able to provide me with a rough guide for past Info Sys and/or Bus/Info sys dbl degree timetables to see if it is plausible to work 4 hrs a day mon-fri arvos.

Appreciate any help in regard to these queries :)

Thanks,

wce33

damnueconomics

poor poor student
HSC
um in regards to tech. at the uni i dont think it compares to the other more larger unis that spend heaps more money. acu is only small remember. you can have a job and do uni at the same time but if u are serious about study then it will be hectic. i heard some of the ppl in the degrees you mention complaining about some subject but everyone at every uni does that. and i think the business ratings for nth syd campus acu are average or above average but any computer stuff at strathfield is below average (and understandably so) coz again, its small. um as with any uni you go to your not garaunteed a job (we wish) and some people represent themselves better than others. finally timetables are subject to change without giving you any notice but that also happens wherever you go.

hope i answered your question

wce33

HSC
Thanks Damnueconomics, that was quite intriguing feedback :)

May I ask what would be a normal amount of work a comitted uni student would work (just so I know my bearings for job acceptances etc)?

Cheers,

wce33

damnueconomics

poor poor student
HSC
um well if your planning to work full time and do uni full time then its going to be very hard. i know people who are doing that and they just pass or fail some stuff. i reckon thats a bad idea. if you do part time work and full time uni then you have a chance of stiking a balance since you will only be doing something like 2 subjects a semester. you could also do full time uni and part time work and that has worked for a few people, but i think its coz their jobs are very flexible. um yeh but the thing you must know about uni, especially acu is that they do not work around you, you have to work around them. they dont care if you clash, they just tell you too bad, change or drop. sounds not nice but its the truth

narkie1987

HSC
I do Full time uni load (+study about 4hours per subject) at ACU (b. bus/b.is) and I work 25 hours a week.

Never been a problem for me.

facalities are good - always new pc's etc.. but you won't get the community like in the larger uni's

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I'm doing this course this year. Hopefully the work load won't be as much....
Like I don't wanna go to Uni all 5 days of the week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)