Hello Guys - New to ACU (1 Viewer)

biovirtuoso

HSC
N/A
hELLO guys, hows it going? I am new to ACU ;) after two years of masters at macquarie guess I aint freaking out much but this course I am into is definitely subjective to a lot of questions and a new learning experience.. BUT being positive.. who else is with me on the Graduate Diploma in secondary education course?

btw.. its strathfield campus :)
see you there :p

C6H12O6-Glucose

HSC
is it true that if you go to ACU you can't get a job?
coz it would make sense... i would never employ somebody who got a UAI/ENTER of 55:bomb:

geriat

HSC
Not everyone who goes into teaching because the UAI cutoff is so low. A friend of mine got a UAI of 99+ and went into teaching...

I think they lower the UAIs so much because no one wants to be a teacher and they are in such dire need of new teachers...

I just finished up at ACU -- not in BEd though. I know heaps of people who have studied BEd at ACU and heard that a BEd from ACU is actually advantageous to getting a job in the private school system because ACU has a catholic focus. Those that graduate from other unis have to get a certificate in catholic education (an extra 6 months or so study) to get a position in catholic/private schools...

Good luck in your course, biovirtuoso! :)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
you only get the religious educations certificate at acu if you study theology.

for many courses the uai is low regardless of where you go because of the high demand for teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)