Secondary Teaching at ACU? (1 Viewer)

lightthefuze

HSC
I'm interested in taking up a B Arts/Teaching course at ACU and I've heard pretty good comments about the uni - ie. "Really great at education courses". I originally planned to go to USyd since I wanted to be in a challenging and higher-order environment, but after hearing "If you go to ACU, you'll be first preference in Catholic schools". I currently attend a Catholic school and I've consistently been in the top 30 of the grade for three years now (I'm in Year 10) - ~240 students, so would that place me one step further if I do end up go back to my high school and teach there after my course?

Thoughts on ACU Education, campus life, transportation, and "things that make ACU special" are greatly appreciated!

MrWard

HSC
Hi,

I am in my final year at ACU doing a B Teach/B Arts (Computing) at the Strathfield campus. It is a fantastic university and you do prac in year 2 (1 week), year 3 (3 weeks) and year 4 (10 weeks).

However Strathfield is a small campus (5000 students approx), and for me it felt just like high school. So if your after the university experince of thousands of students go to USyd.

Hope it helps

- Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)