Physiotherapy at ACU (North Sydney)? (1 Viewer)

ASinghThind

HSC
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask you guys what you think of Bachelor of Physiotherapy at ACU here in North Sydney? Aspects like:

-how good the course is at this uni?
-how good is this course compared to other unis?
-what the uni life there is like?
-is the uni good?
-what benefits does B.Physio at ACU provide over other unis?
-the profession of physiotherapy itself and what not.

Also what would the process be if I wanted to transfer to USYD physio after 1year with subject credit? What kind of grades (and other requirements) would I need?

In addition, would I also be able to transfer after the first semester (i.e. 6months) or only after 1st year?

Responses and advice are much appreciated, especially from students at ACU or currently doing this degree :D

Thanks

Last edited:

madharris

HSC
N/A
I've heard the course is pretty good, and although it is pretty new, it is slowly improving. However there are a few flaws in the content here and there but other than that it's fine (that's just what i've heard, might be a bit biased though).
The benefits of ACU would be that they have their placement a lot sooner than other unis. Although in the end it will end up being the same, it will be advantageous for things such as volunteering and work experience in the first few years.

To transfer, you would need to go through UAC again. You would need need to go to the head of physiotherapy and ask for credit for some of the subjects that you've already done (mind you, you might not get any credit at all but it's worth a try). You would need at least a D average, however it could be a bit more depending on how picky usyd is about picking people to transfer (it's really competitive).

You would have to transfer after your first year. This is because the physio course is structured in a way that you won't be able to start mid year.

ASinghThind

HSC
Cool thanks Madharris :D
Really useful info

Anyone else have more to add on? Like more in-depth or what they know of the course?
Especially current ACU physio students!
Would really appreciate it :)

Last edited:

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
I got accepted to ACU Queensland in 2010.
Don't do physio in ACU, they do anatomy with cadavers, which is below national teaching standards.
Also I don't think ACU course has gain full accreditation by http://www.ahpra.gov.au/ board yet, just check to make sure.

Sydney uni isn't that great either, they don't have placement until second year for only 2 weeks. You can't get any credits for transferring to sydney university. Third year they have around 6 weeks placement. Their course has too much focus on academic than practical stuff. Furthermore, you will be in a class of more than 200 people in the whole year group.

The best physiotherapy course in the whole state is currently Newcastle in term of employment after graduation. They are really practical , from first year they have one day of placement per week at a physiotherapy clinic which places students above national standard.

Charles Sturt is good , good with employment , I would recommend going to Albury campus. Orange campus doesn't have really good lecturers , Albury has all the good resources and lecturers.

Macquarie course is new , not really sure if it's good or not.

UWS , haven't heard much from them.

University of Canberra just started a new undergraduate course of physiotherapy.

Normy

HSC
Any more opinions on physio at ACU? Like course difficulty, graduate employability and social life compared to other unis?

qRFlare

HSC
Any more opinions on physio at ACU? Like course difficulty, graduate employability and social life compared to other unis?
i got an offer from north sydney for physiotherapy, the course from what i heard from others isn't too difficult, jobs are easy to find due to the ageing population of australia.

Nikolerak

HSC
Have
i got an offer from north sydney for physiotherapy, the course from what i heard from others isn't too difficult, jobs are easy to find due to the ageing population of australia.
Have you completed your physio degree at ACU?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)