Better than UWS? (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I havent really heard a comparison of the two. ACU is supposed to be pretty good for education courses. Other than that its hard to compare theses things

mishka

HSC
N/A
well ACU has B Ed (Primary) and UWS doesn't. :rolleyes:

ACU is highly rated for employment opportunities and field experience, as well as the student:teacher ratio. :uhhuh:

mishka

HSC
N/A
i'd say it depends on the course. for education, i'd say it's better because ACU actually HAS the course :mad:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
p i r a t e said:
Is ACU better than UWS? As in reputation and teaching standard?

Have you been to either of these unis???

UWS is so much better anyway, theres a huge diversity in what you can study.

mishka

HSC
N/A
look at what the course offers, and see if they cater for what you want. UWS is bigger but doesn't necessarily mean better, depending on the area.

ACU is also national - there are campuses in Victoria and Queensland :) Don't know what that has to do with it, but i'd thought i'd mention it anyway.

LazyBoy

HSC
Well i got into ACU. And the response ive gotten from many many friends (some who go to UWS, some who have transfered, and other lay ppl) was "could have been worse, you could have gotten into UWS". With that said it seems that ACU has a much better reputation than UWS.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
natstar said:
My personal opinion would be more accurate than ur's, considering i am actually a student at UWS, and have had first hand experience.
University ranking are nearly always based on research. With saying that rankings mean shit, rankings would only matter for post-grad students whose study includes a lot of research, not so much for undergrad students where there is more minimal research
can you please shut up.. we are sick of people like you, trying to control and to confrom us in to what you believe. this is not nazi germany. for f**K sake. it is his/her opinion. every opinion said whether it good or bad about uws. you all was has to judge and draw out the negatives. for instance to back this up, in my thread i started stat is fucked. it was my opinion about, and everyone elses'. it wasnt your place to start critising and mocking people...... :mad: :mad: :uhhuh: FOR F''K sake. natstar. grow up and respect peoples opinion. how old are? it doesnt matter how old you are. because your still acting like a 8th grader in the corner mucking around..

this relates to all the time you have critised me and other bos members.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

and in my opinion acu has a better rep, and better course in certain areas..

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
Whoever made this thread was starting trouble :p
Honestly, in my opinion it doesn't matter wat uni u go to as long as u get into a course that u want and u're happy.
I don't think natstar meant to sound controlling, she's just tired of getting negative comments about UWS and it's student. That's understandble because UWS students do get a lot of crap from people so u can imagine how tired they would feel of it. I'd assume some ACU students also get defensive when negative comments are made about their uni because it would feel like they are also being insulted.

UWS is a great uni and so is ACU! they both have their good and bad points. So can we pls end this pointless squabble because there is no definate answer :p

xuberant

HSC
exactly uni is UNI its just a learning institution if u graduate get a job who cares what uni ur from aslong as u used ur education to its full potential.....

comparing unis is never gonna work because each and every uni has its good and bad points...

and u have to understand UWS does cop a lot of crap becasue its in western sydney so you can udnertsand why people defend it so vigourously.... theres also subjects at uws that require 90+ UAI aswell so its not at all low acheivers and such....

Anyways stop comparing Uni's and be happy you got in A uni..... heaps of people would love to say that they did :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
notnownotever said:
can you please shut up.. we are sick of people like you, trying to control and to confrom us in to what you believe. this is not nazi germany. for f**K sake. it is his/her opinion. every opinion said whether it good or bad about uws. you all was has to judge and draw out the negatives. for instance to back this up, in my thread i started stat is fucked. it was my opinion about, and everyone elses'. it wasnt your place to start critising and mocking people...... :mad: :mad: :uhhuh: FOR F''K sake. natstar. grow up and respect peoples opinion. how old are? it doesnt matter how old you are. because your still acting like a 8th grader in the corner mucking around..

this relates to all the time you have critised me and other bos members.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

and in my opinion acu has a better rep, and better course in certain areas..
Its people like you that make us say things like this. I can never recall Natstar ever critising me. But its just cause she goes to uws isn't it. If she went to usyd or unsw or something and she did whats she is doing now for uws you would be good for you ... you promote the best uni blah blah blah. Seriously, get off your high horse and accept the fact that some of us love going to uws and we wish to remove the stupid label that it has on it.

Who really cares is acu has a better rep? Seriously, quit trying to compare unis cause it never works and acu and uws are so different. A uni is a uni like happy cup said and a degree is a degree.

Now get over yourself!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Haha she may stand up for UWS yet she loses quite a bit of ground in criticising the 'snobby' universities (or USyd) based on the supposed experiences of transfer students, melbournian's comments and her brother's 'experience' at one of the colleges.

Also, if a person happens to ask whether one uni is more reputable and offers a better learning environment you could all try and answer to the best of your ability... Try not to treat every question of this nature as something that must be attacked.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Go look at the good uni guides if you're looking for reputation. Other than that, you should be comparing courses rather than the university as a whole. Once I again, I have to say that providing "a wide variety of courses" is definitely NOT an advantage. One may argue it to be a detriment.

LazyBoy

HSC
getting more to the point, i think the ratio of students to lectures is somewhat benificial to the student as opposed to the larger universites. (plus beeing a 5 or 20 min train trip from the city is a huge plus :p) Realisitically you cant say that one university is better than another, because each university has its strong points and weak points.

Summary of the points made in this thread:

ACU

- ACU has a much better reputation than UWS.
- ACU provides methods of gaining practical experience as part of your degree
- Exellent Student / Teacher Ratio
- Exellent university to study Teaching for. (so ive been told)
- Somewhat easier transition because of the small campus sizes.
- National Unversity so it makes it easy to relocate

UWS

- UWS has alot more variety in courses
- For post grad studying UWS is higher ranked.

So far, the ACU supporters have provided a more sound argument in which is the better university. (and UWS guys forgive me if i left anything out, and feel free to add more)

xuberant

HSC
this shouldn't even be an argument. it's not something u should be arguing about

LazyBoy

HSC
Hey the person asked which is the better university. And i was using the word argument in a structured discussion sense. (like an essay)

LazyBoy

HSC
well comparing unis is a valid one for someone who is unsure which uni to choose from etc.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Natstar is there a reason why uws's uai cut-offs have gone down so far that you could put into simple terms?
I'm considering either unsw or uws seriously, because i live closer to uws and can be lazy...ALSO the law cut-off dropped into my range :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)