Who else is goin to ACU? (1 Viewer)

Joe-E T

HSC
It was listed as my second preferences, but only by accident, Bachelor of Arts @ the strathfield campus. I mean im pretty happy about it but ive change my preferences round so that for the late round of offers i might be able to get into Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts which is now 78.65 cut off which is within my range. Had my preferences been in the order i wished i may have ended up elsewhere, etc etc. But im happy.. anyone else joining me @ ACU?

SweetSeasons

HSC
we'll prolly be in the same Contexts for learning and development lecture

only_me

HSC
I got in for a Bach of arts, but I really wanted to do Primary teaching, so hopefully I can transfer into it next year. You people sound really nice, which is good, cause I'm really nervous I'm not going to make any friends!

SweetSeasons

HSC
Uni is.. I dunno.. you make friends easy because every ones wandering around not knowing what to do.. infact that's how I met my best uni friend from last year.

You'll be sweet, don't worry bout it and it'll all be fine :)

Joe-E T

HSC
Hmm

SweetSeasons, i take it you're a current student @ ACU. Well my next question is the ratio of females to males is rather high i gather. Im not saying its a bad thing or a good thing, but i was wondering if that is indeed the case. lol....

SweetSeasons

HSC
Joe-E T said:
SweetSeasons, i take it you're a current student @ ACU. Well my next question is the ratio of females to males is rather high i gather. Im not saying its a bad thing or a good thing, but i was wondering if that is indeed the case. lol....
nah this will be my first year at ACU, I went to UWS last year. I have heard that is the case, but I think it's mainly because most of the courses are teachign courses.

mishka

HSC
N/A
yep the girl:guy ratio is very high.. in my course i think there's about 8 guys out of about 120 (roughly). meeting people at uni is fun - it is a bit scary at first but it's good ACU because it's such a small campus, you see people you know all the time ;)

nanoose

Thank god then, cause I am also really nervous that I'm not gonna make any friends!!!! It's great to know that I'm not the only one freaking out, I'm exccited about going to acu its just up the road from my high school!!!!

SweetSeasons

HSC
shoo_nanoose said:
Thank god then, cause I am also really nervous that I'm not gonna make any friends!!!! It's great to know that I'm not the only one freaking out, I'm exccited about going to acu its just up the road from my high school!!!!
hehe, the one near St Pat's??

only_me

HSC
Yeh! I'm glad to hear other people are freaking out like me! lol! What campus is everybody going to? If you see a lost little brunette first year wondering around Strathfield, that's me, lol!

SweetSeasons

HSC
only_me said:
Yeh! I'm glad to hear other people are freaking out like me! lol! What campus is everybody going to? If you see a lost little brunette first year wondering around Strathfield, that's me, lol!
lol, I went to the open day at strathfield, in like september. Me n my mum where soooo lost, we walked up all different roads. But I know my way to albert road from the train station now so it's all good :p

only_me

HSC
lol, me too! I went with my friend, and we ended up walking around in circles, not knowing where to go and too afraid to ask someone for help! I think I'm going to have to follow people to the train station, otherwise I'll get lost, lol. So your going to Strathfield too?

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah I am, it should be good it's only a short walk to the uni so I'm gonna save bus fair money and trek it :p

I must of spent like 500/600 bucks on bus fair last year. Now I only gotta pay for the bus fair back home. so I may actualy be able to away on a holiday next summer hols :D

only_me

HSC
Hey, SweetSeasons, why did you transfer to ACU? You said before last year you were at UWS, didn't you like it, or couldn't you do the course you wanted there? I only ask because that was my other option for uni, so I'm just curious

rego2

HSC
Haha im freaking out too... i even dream about uni last nite.. its kinda scary... um is there alot of asian at ACU? im gona feel out of place if im the only one there.
BTW is any of u guys going to the Information session?

SweetSeasons

HSC
only_me said:
Hey, SweetSeasons, why did you transfer to ACU? You said before last year you were at UWS, didn't you like it, or couldn't you do the course you wanted there? I only ask because that was my other option for uni, so I'm just curious

At the end of yr 12 I didn't really know what I wanted to do, it was either gonna be science teaching or industrial arts teaching. I had never even heard of ACU befor a few months ago. Hence I thought i had to move to newcastle to do ind. tech teaching and there was no way I could afford it. So I chose Science at uws because it was only an hour on the train away from where I live.

UWS wasn't the uni for me. You're treated like a number, the content of the course I was doing I found boring because I coverd most of it if not all of it in yr 11 and 12. Then there was the uni friends factor... every one kinda split up into what race they where and that really makes me feel like they think I'm less then them because I'm not leb or asian or what not. I think you have to see ppl for who they are not what they are... so yeah I kinda only really made one or two close friends and they transferd into diff courses this year any ways lol.

But yeah I stumbled across an article on the net about ACU and yeah found my dream course so :D i'm all happy now.

I can't wait for uni this year, last year I didn't want to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)