Distance ed (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I thought there'd be tonnes of info in this forum about external study but most of you guys are on campus!! I was just wondering for those who HAVE done external study at UNE, how was it? I'm doing a B Development Studies at UNCLE and i only have 3 subjects left to do and I'd love to do them at UNE. Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get in an such? I'm going to start talking to my degree coordinator about this soon but it'd be good to find out someone else's experience :)

boris

Banned
HSC
I'd help you but I do distance ed through CSU, not UNE. Don't know many people who do distance thru UNE..

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Eh, not quite what I wanted haha, but how easy was it for you to switch to distance? I've done my entire degree on campus, so I'm not sure what the transition will be like, completing courses where I'm not going to lectures/tutes and such.

boris

Banned
HSC
I've done my entire degree by distance. The only problem I can forsee with you is it might be a bit hard to maintain motivation. Whereas you've attended lecturers and had tasks set etc by lecturers, and there has been a level of supervision, distance ed is entirely self reliant. You still have lecturers and tasks and if UNE is like CSU you're in constant forum/email/phone contact, but it's still up to you to self teach and do the work required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)