Earle Page College (1 Viewer)

morganjane

HSC
Hey there

im a prospective student for next year semester one at UNE, or at least im hoping to be.
Im looking into living on campus; it says that earle page residents dont have to pack up their rooms during breaks- so when residents have to be out by 10am on whatever day does that mean just us then?
(sounds obvious, just trying to clarify if its not necessary to move out each holiday...)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Rules vary from college to college, and while I'm not from EPC, there aren't many active UNE students on the forums, so for now I'm afraid this is the best you're going to get.

I didn't know Page residents didn't have to pack up, but if you're applying to other colleges as well - and you should as there's obviously no guarantees - you do have to put everything away when you leave. We pretty much get space in our rooms - my college provides an extra cupboard above our wardrobes - and locked rooms elsewhere in the college to store our stuff. When we clear out, it's pretty much just us and whatever we need like clothes or your computer or whatever. If you bring a bar fridge up, you don't need to take it home every time.

I was always under the impression that St. Albert's and Wright Village were the only colleges that didn't have to pack up for holidays (which is why Albies' fees are higher), and that the policy was that the colleges may be used for external students or conferences. While you could pretty much just walk out and leave your room as is, the college won't take responsibility if anything happens to go missing.

Like I said, this is only based on my college, but they're pretty much all the same. It's like that someone from EPC can give you a more specific answer, but they actually need to log on first ...

BlackDragon

HSC
Hiya, I'm a second year at page and stumbled upon your question..
No we don't have to pack anything up at the end of each term (except at the end of the year of course). you can leave everything however you want it and it will be like that when you come back. only the cleaners enter your room in the hols!

when it says you have to be out by 10 on the leaving day that is only a rough guide. you have all day to get out really, its not strict. But when you leave you have to take whatever you want to take home for the hols, i.e. clothes and stuff. but you only have to take what you want/need, which is way less compared to the entire room. its pretty cool! if you have anymore questions just feel free to ask! :)

asianguy

HSC
can sum1 tell me which college's got the most asians????

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
asianguy said:
can sum1 tell me which college's got the most asians????
I can't sa for sure, but if I had to azard a guess, I'd say Wright Village.

... Does it matter?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, the village for sure.

Hey Pete.

Last edited:

morganjane

HSC
thanks so much black dragon.

makes a fair bit of sense now.

I've gotten my place at Earle Page for next year!
I'm so stoked!!

BlackDragon

HSC
morganjane said:
thanks so much black dragon.

makes a fair bit of sense now.

I've gotten my place at Earle Page for next year!
I'm so stoked!!
yay! welcome to page =). looking forward to meeting you next year.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Hi Madeline and Pete again.

Congrats on getting into EPC! You will love it! Make sure you bring a strong liver.

Eniledam

HSC
Thanks for being so welcomming Scott. Shame you're about two years late. I would advise you to keep being nice to Peter and myself, we are SS next year and you may recieve a few fines during curfew for bad behaviour if you don't watch yourself.

In regards to D&S, personally I am an Earle Page girl, the best thing to do is to get out to UNE (if you haven't already) and have a tour off the colleges. Campus tours run three days a week through december and january, and if you contact the MPA department at UNE they will be able to organise a tour for you. The staff at MPA are absolutely lovely and will put you on to the right contacts with the colleges and be extremely accommodating.

I think it is seriously worth the trip because you will be spending a lot of time/money at college in the next few years and it is important to make the most informed decision possible.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
yellow7 said:
any thoughts on drummond and smith?
I don't think there's anyone from D&S here, but I'm Duvallian, and Duval and D&S are sister colleges. We share the kitchen and servery facilities, and both colleges are run by the same prinicpal, who is one awesome person. D&S is the smallest of the colleges at UNE; it houses about 200 when at maximum capacity.

I can't really speak that much for them as I don't live there. As was suggested, try taking a college tour. It's worth it.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
You may be a 'Senior Student', but youre still my fresher, so close your mouth and speak when spoken to. That doesnt apply to you, Pete. You can speak whenever you like.

Eniledam

HSC
just cause i have passed more units than you Tiny, it's no reason to be so aggressive.

mickant

HSC
yellow7 said:
any thoughts on drummond and smith?
I'm a returner at Drummond and Smith studying B. Economics. Everyone is going to be biased, but for what its worth Drummond a great college. I've held a few leadership positions in college and in my talks with people it is the laid back attitude that makes up a big part of the appeal of the college. There is a strong ethos whereby people respect each others different interests and theres no pressure to do things that you don't want to be involved with.
Our residents take a lot of pride in college spirit and our performances in inter-collegesports and cultural events. Despite being one of the smallest colleges we are usually right up there with anyone else. For example this year we won the Mens Sporting Trophy and I think somewhere like 2nd or 3rd in Womens sport. In 2006 we won both of these and the cultural competition.
As was said earlier we are closely tied to Duval in several areas. The DD&S Hawkesbury paddle is great fun for anyone who is involved. This is a very popular annual event.
A great idea would be to check out websites at the very least if you can't visit the university.
Let me know if you had any questions about anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)