Whats it like living in Armidale? (1 Viewer)

fleck27

HSC
Im interested in going to UNE, but I dont really know much about the city at all, only that the last and only time I went there it was friggen FREEZING!

Can anyone give me a few good points?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
cold in winter
hot in summer

relatively decent sized town, stuff to do
only 2 hours from the beach

idk

HSC
Living in Armidale is pretty damn awesome. Plenty of parks, shops, prices for EVERYTHING lower than in Sydney, and Armidale is surrounded by the pine forest and other national parks.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
It does get very cold here in winter.... and often not very hot in summer. We have had alot of new shops and shit arrive in recent years.

Some of the colleges have a night life reputation

Cerry

HSC
As people have said, it's absolutely freezing here in winter. The summer before last was really weird - I was actually wearing ugg boots and a jumper for a few days, because it was freezing. But as a general rule, it's pretty warm in summer, anywhere from about 25 to 35 degrees.

There's a shopping centre, but people quite often go to Coffs or Tamworth for shopping, because there's not a huge variety. It's about 2 or 3 hours to Coffs, and an hour and a half to Tamworth. There's also a Cinema, which is a cheaper than most other places, and an outdoor pool, as well as the indoor one at UNE.
There's an absolute buttload of cafes and restaurants in town, and a huge number of pubs, too. Lots of them have associations with the uni colleges, so they get cheap alcohol at various times of the year. I'm pretty sure there's a nightclub or two, as well.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
But the people are shit. As seen above^

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
fleck27 said:
Im interested in going to UNE, but I dont really know much about the city at all, only that the last and only time I went there it was friggen FREEZING!
Which is why God invented Central Heating.

Eniledam

HSC
You will fit in fine if you don't drink (thanks for that Tiny). There are a large range of people from all different back grounds so it doesn't matter what your preferences are.

I moved to Armidale from the Far North Coast of NSW, and it was freezing at first but you acclimatize pretty quickly. I much prefer Armidale now and I want to live out there when I finish my degree. The colleges are really well heated and you just rug up in winter time and it's not that bad.... I do now consider anything above 20 to be hot, and above 15 to be warm though....

Eniledam

HSC
Tiny stop being a menace. I know loads of people that don't drink and they fit in fine. You don't find it any more difficult making friends. We are very accepting at UNE.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Eniledam doesn't drink.

She just wants you to go there so you can be friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)