Mary White College (1 Viewer)

nostoc

HSC
N/A
Hey!

I'm an international student going to start my course at UNE in next semester and curious about the on-campus accommodation. I've chosen Mary White College as the first preference because this's just the only college that has a room with ensuite bathroom, but not sure what this place's like. As I've been informed that MWC just celebrated their 50th anniversary this year, is this place sitll in a good condition? I mean a room and a bathroom, what're they like at the present time? 50 years make it sounds like a bit old.

Also, how's their meal provided?

Any orther comments or suggestions about this place or any other things I need to know as an international student studying in UNE are appreciated.

Thanks!!

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Mary white is probably one of the better colleges, although it is quite old.

And there is a college dining room with a cafeteria type set up.

It's just another college, much like the rest of them, they're not that spectacular.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Most colleges are around fifty years old; I know mine celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2009 (was supposed to be in 2008, but for some reason we didn't do it). They are all in good condition, otherwise we wouldn't be living there. MWC has the highest rate of older students, and is pretty popular with the internationals as well. I know it is the only college that fully accomodates Islamic students; I believe Block IV is the only one that is female-only (guys can't even visit).

As I'm not from White - or, as we know it, the Fridge on the Ridge - I can't say as to how meals are provided, but as Ebony pointed out, it is a cafeteria-like arragement. Just don't be expecting home cooking; pretty much all the food at all the colleges is about the standard presented by an RSL club.

HSC
Thanks for bit additional details about Mary White. I'm applying it and will get accepted due my acceptance of offer of the course. Bring it on!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)