Need advice on banking in Australia (1 Viewer)

nostoc

HSC
N/A
As I'm an international student, can anyone suggest what local bank should I open an account with? I've been researching and found 2 banks which look nice - Commonwealth and NAB. Which on is better? and What ATM banks are available in the campus of UNE?

Thanks!!!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The only ATM available is the NAB up near the cafeteria. The nearest one not on-campus is - I think - a small Bank of Queensland one in the Girraween service station. Otherwise, everything is in town (but it's not that far away).

Personally, I bank with St. George, but then I've always banked with them. Banking is really a matter of personal preference, but if you're looking for convenience, you can always go with the NAB because the ATM is on-campus and you won't et hit with the fee for using another bank's teller.

nostoc

HSC
N/A
Thanks!

I have checked out St George website already. I think their offers to tertiary students are probably better than other banks.

Is it just only NAB that has ATM on campus? I found the information on Westpac website informing that they also have their ATM on campus as well. Do the campus really has Westpac ATM?

One more thing, do anyone have any idea of when will we get a confirmation on the on-campus accommodation? I'm going to leave for Australia in mid of January but haven't been confirmed the accommodation yet.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
There are 4 ATM's on Campus - NAB, Westpac, Commonwealth and the New England Credit Union.

Westpac and CommBank are located in the union arcade, NAB near Dr. Robbs and the NECU at their branch on campus (theyre the only bank with a branch on campus).

Note: If youre with St. George you can use Westpac ATM's for free, and vice versa.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
There are 4 ATM's on Campus - NAB, Westpac, Commonwealth and the New England Credit Union.

Westpac and CommBank are located in the union arcade, NAB near Dr. Robbs and the NECU at their branch on campus (theyre the only bank with a branch on campus).
That explains it - I'm never up there, so I only knew of the NAB which I used to use in my first year. Now I just go into town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)