Armidale Local Music scene (1 Viewer)

Pauly2317

HSC
Hey i was just wondering is ther much in the way of a local music scene in armidale? As a person who spends a little too much time playing guitar this sort of thing is something that concerns me... Any insight is appreciated guys

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Well ... there's the occasional band that gets out there and plays at pubs and whatever; I know of one called Half Way Home that I've heard isn't bad. I wouldn't go expecting music festivals to rival Sydney and the like, but if you play an instrument and live in college, I know they'd be glad to have you in their SFK lineups. SFK is a year-long competition between colleges that frequently includes music; two of the seven rounds include bands.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you be a little more speciic as to what you're looking for?

Pauly2317

HSC
Hey thanks objects, here i was concered that armidale would be devoid of music, kinda silly, but yeah. After being involved in bands for 10 years or so it would be such a shock to my system if i were to go to uni and be starved of musical interaction.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Oh, it's not like we're living in Stalinist Russia. Hell, my best mate plays guitar, and he frequently just plugs it in and plays whatever is on his mind (including when he is obscenely drunk). A lot of the guys studying music have to compose their own works as a part of their assessment material, and the music is a huge part of most functions and nights out. If you're living in a college, the only real time the music dies is during curfew, because we all have to keep quiet because of the exam period.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
EbonyTW said:
The general populous of Armidale is fairly well informed. And the stro gets the odd band, there's no amazing bands that come however... I mean, it's your general RSL expectancy's.
There used to be. I'm pretty sure they got someone like Powderfinger in there once, but that was before my time.

The 'Stro is shit, anyway.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
They weren't the only one they coaxed along. I seem to recall the likes of the Hilltop Hoods being mentioned, and half-a-dozen others of various genres making an appearance ... but they don't do it anymore.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
Pauly2317 said:
Hey i was just wondering is ther much in the way of a local music scene in armidale? As a person who spends a little too much time playing guitar this sort of thing is something that concerns me... Any insight is appreciated guys
LOL depends what you classify as a music scene

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Apathetic? Yeah, that sounds like me. I hardly even noticed when the 'Stro closed back in 2007. I've been there once, and that was enough for me; I felt dirty in the place even when it was a colelge function.

Thank God there aren't any 'Stro Hos on my floor this year. I fucking hated it when they came back drunk at two in the morning, proceeded to play their shitty house music as loud as they could and then got all pissy when I called the duty phone because their music was so loud I couldn't raise my voice enough to be heard when I wanted to tell them to shut the fuck up because I had a compulsory class at nine that mornng.

Pauly2317

HSC
oh what a relief it is to hear this, now i am well and truly looking forward to starting uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)