B Pharmacy and B Physiological science (1 Viewer)

doopsta786

HSC
How likely do people think it is that B Pharmacy will run next year? Also can anyone tell me a bit about B Physiological science please :)

aimzlouise

HSC
I definatly reckon b pharmacy will run next year. whatgives u the idea that it wont? Like its being offered by distancejed as well as on campus. and people have already applioed for it through UAC and QTAC so really. How could you say that it isnt running?

doopsta786

HSC
I definatly reckon b pharmacy will run next year. whatgives u the idea that it wont? Like its being offered by distancejed as well as on campus. and people have already applioed for it through UAC and QTAC so really. How could you say that it isnt running?
i was just wondering if people think it will because it is subject to final approval so just hoping that it will :)

morganjane

HSC
If you want some solid answers email the head of the faculty which can be found on une.edu.au, or find Ed UNE on facebook, he's a really good person to chat with, and he answers fairly quickly.

I study a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws so I dont have all that much insight on the degree your asking about.

I am a current UNE student and I love it, keep in mind the smaller class sizes, which is a more intimate learning environment, it gives you one on one time with your lecturers, the support is awesome on and off campus.

Let me know if you have any questions about life at UNE or what not.
xxx

doopsta786

HSC
Let me know if you have any questions about life at UNE or what not.
xxx
thanx i was thinking about living on campus at mary white any information about how thats like and wheni have to apply by???

lala2

Banned
HSC
Completely irrelevant, but I did NOT know this existed. I wonder how they intend to do it entirely by distance education, in terms of weekly labs, etc. Of course, being a final year pharmacy student at USYD, this is of great interest to me. Good luck for your application though!

okimura1170

HSC
N/A
"...... I wonder how they intend to do it entirely by distance education, in terms of weekly labs, etc. ...."

I have put my application to do this by DE, so I hope it runs in 2010 AND that it receives accreditation from the Pharmacy Guild and /or PSA. The way the course co-ordinator explained it was that there is an intensive residential of 4-5 days for each subject which is compulsory to attend. All pracs for DE students are done at the residentials which are pretty full-on.
Still being the first B. pharmacy by DE , it will be interesting to be a participant. UNE expects 40 FT on campus and 40 by DE.

By the way lala2, I much appreciate your long post "Reflections of a 4th yr Pharm student". And congrats on landing the Manly Hospital position

wintergate

HSC
N/A
"...... I wonder how they intend to do it entirely by distance education, in terms of weekly labs, etc. ...."

I have put my application to do this by DE, so I hope it runs in 2010 AND that it receives accreditation from the Pharmacy Guild and /or PSA. The way the course co-ordinator explained it was that there is an intensive residential of 4-5 days for each subject which is compulsory to attend. All pracs for DE students are done at the residentials which are pretty full-on.
Still being the first B. pharmacy by DE , it will be interesting to be a participant. UNE expects 40 FT on campus and 40 by DE.

By the way lala2, I much appreciate your long post "Reflections of a 4th yr Pharm student". And congrats on landing the Manly Hospital position
hey okimura,
i've applied for b.pharm for DE and on-campus. they told me i've got a pretty good chance of getting in as my WAM is 67.25% and my enter score was 92.05.

where did you get the info that the course may or may not run? if it doesn't run and i don't get dentistry i will be so devastated...

okimura1170

HSC
N/A
where did you get the info that the course may or may not run? ...
i think it was doopsta, and aimzlouise who are discussing whether course will run next yr.
All I am going on is that I have spoken to course co-ordinator ; put in my application which CC says has received, and put in applications for CSU, and SydUni just in case - but these have to be done on campus.

Also UNE has advertised for Prof in Pharmacy with a appln close date in Oct. The Prof in Pharmacy will have to justify his salary :confused:

You know that CSU has a new undergrad dentistry course ? Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)