Who got in? (1 Viewer)

Andi0390

HSC
Hey :)

B Arts/B Laws and I got an accommodation offer yesterday.

I'll probably see you in class!

cat_crazy

HSC
Hi. I got into Arts for 2010 and am also waiting for an accommodation offer.

Andi0390

HSC
I got my offer from Wright Village, which was my first preference.

Apparently all the accommodation offers will be out before the 27th, so you don't have long to wait.

I'm heaps excited :)

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
LOl so am I, I've already bought textbooks, as nerdy as it is I always love new text books. Will you be taking LS100? That's the only law component I'll have for first semester....

Andi0390

HSC
Why are you only doing one? Are you doing it part time?

I'm doing LS100 and LS101, as well as ENGL101 and SOCY382. Might change my mind Sociology though, I think there is one of delinquency that would suit me better.

How much were the textbooks for LS100?

Last edited:

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
The other three subjects are all criminology subjects. Intro to Pysch, Intro to Sociology and Archaeology- Studying the Human Past. You said you were doing arts/law so assumed you wouldn't be doing any of the crim topics...

Andi0390

HSC
Criminology looks interesting, the other sociology I am thinking of taking is SOCY344: Criminology and Justice Systems.

How long will your degree take you? Five or six years?

Andi0390

HSC
Now you've made me all nervous. Maybe I should only do one law subject in first semester.

I've already done a year of arts though, so I was thinking I could use that to sort of shorten my degree, or have two arts majors or something.

I don't know.

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
I got my letter and accommodation offer today so I'm now enrolled in LS100, ARPA104, SOCY100 and PYSC101 and will be living at Mary White. YAY! I am so relieved LOL. I still don't have a TFN but when I enrolled it just said I need to supply it by 31/3 and it should be here in a week or so, so I'm good.

Andi0390

HSC
I haven't got a letter yet... :( Its probably got to do with living in a "remote" location.

I've paid my security deposit for Wright Village. I wish I could live in a catered accommodation, but I have no idea how you guys can afford it. The weekly rent is heaps, plus the food on top. I'm hoping I make heaps of great friends even though I am not at those residences. I'm going to be first year again - very exciting.

I'm having problems with my enrollment due to clashing timetables so I don't know what to do.

I was planning on doing LS100, LS101, ENGL101 and either SOCY382 or SOCY344 but LS101 and ENGL101 both have a lecture at 10am on Thursdays. So I am kind of panicking.

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
They may have multiple lectures? My impression was though that if there's a clash you take one at a later date... Doesn't LS101 run in second semester as well? or maybe I'm mixing it up with LS100 will check... no I take LS160 in semester two, sorry that wasn't much help.

The reason I can afford catered accommodation? I have an older brother who failed every subject at uni, he then managed to convince our parents that he failed because they forced him to get a job. I love my big brother so much, I get to stay at Mary White because of it LOL. Though honestly UNE's colleges are cheaper then most, the city unis prices are insane.

I'm going to do the LS100 set of lectures/tutorial on the friday morning and hopefully the prac at 11:00 on Monday, so may see you there....

Andi0390

HSC
How do you know when the practicals are? I can't see them on the timetable site?

Do we sign up for tutorials and pracs in the first week of lectures?

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
You have to go through to march in the calendar to see Practicals, tutes turn up late February.

From the little info given out, it seems you sign up for tutes during your first lectures... They'll either hand sheets around or post a sheet up on a noticeboard. Well that's what AskUne says and it's only dated last November....

Which I'm kind of glad for, I didn't particularly want to deal with an internet scrummage for times.

Andi0390

HSC
Yeah, I think its best doing it that way. Otherwise people who change their mind, or in later offer rounds, wouldn't have a chance to get good times.

Hey, what's your name? In case I meet you?

Andi0390

HSC
Its a pretty small campus, you might be the only one :)

I'm Gabrielle Witt, I hope I meet you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)