electrical equipment tagging (1 Viewer)

lutz

HSC
N/A
i am a first year student and will be staying at EPC.

How strictly is the electrical equipment tagging rule applied? Does EVERYTHING have to be tagged? Even brand new appliances?

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
I just booked an electrician for this (am staying at Mary White) It's gonna cost at least $100, tis scary pricing. From all I've heard though it is essential you have it done, if you don't have it done and an electrical appliance causes a fire or sets off the fire alarm, your liable for all the damage/call out fees. From everything I've read anything that your going to plug in must be tagged.

Andi0390

HSC
In all honesty I was just going to ignore it. I don't even know if we have an electrician in town.

breezy221090

HSC
Yeah, I've heard they don't enforce it. But it's probably best to get it done in terms of insurance.

lutz

HSC
N/A
hmmm conflicting opinions...

does anyone know how long these tags are valid for and does everything need to be retagged each year? getting an electrician seems pricey.

can anyone from EPC or one of the other colleges say whether the tagging rule is actually enforced?

BlackDragon

HSC
Hey, I was at earle page for many years and nobody cares and or checks at all. Although it is still good to make sure that your electrical stuff won't blow up in your face. But if it won't do that then you are fine. :)

Brandon_lewis

HSC
N/A
hmmm conflicting opinions...

does anyone know how long these tags are valid for and does everything need to be retagged each year? getting an electrician seems pricey.

can anyone from EPC or one of the other colleges say whether the tagging rule is actually enforced?
I found it pretty hard to get lots of information on Test tags online. But, I've done some research and found this site that I believe can give a complete answer to this question: "does everything need to be retagged each year?".

If you look more around this site, there are also interesting source of information that can help many people that are new to it and want more info.
You can find up to date info on regulations & standards aswell as contact information of your local Regulatory Authority if you need to confirm answers!
Hope it helps! :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)