Asians in UNE (1 Viewer)

00acissej

HSC
Is UNE multicultural, like, with asians etc? and if so, how much of the university is ? that is, percentage and stuff.

Sadiah

HSC
Is UNE multicultural, like, with asians etc? and if so, how much of the university is ? that is, percentage and stuff.
I'm studying with this university, however, by distance education.

So far, so good.

Bu I dunno if they have a lot of Asians. International students, yes.

Andi0390

HSC
I just started here on campus at Wright Village and there are lots of international students.

Its great.

B_92

HSC
hey Andi, what are you studying?
and how are you finding wright college? im thinking of staying there when i start next year. what are the rooms like? i hope they aren't old and drab :|

anyway, hope your degree's going well!

Andi0390

HSC
Hey B92.

I'm currently studying Arts/Law but to be honest I am finding it very blah. I did a year of Arts before UNE and Law isn't really for me but I am really enjoying the university.

Wright Village is...

Well it started of really great, I was put in with a wonderful group of people and made friends right away. Its not real "collegey" like the others but the RA put on a good Orientation week and I met some people and felt pretty at home quickly. The rooms are actually bigger than some of the colleges, I know some people who come over here from the other colleges to visit and they remark on how they like the rooms more. They are pretty old though, its not a "nice" looking place but neither are they cheaper colleges (from what I hear).

Anyway almost at end of semester and I am probably moving off campus. I pay $125 a week here plus excess electricity and I always go over the internet limit (4GB). Honestly, compared to city accommodation, it doesn't seem very good. The internet is very unreliable. Pretty much everyday it drops out for a bit and there have been times I have been unable to submit assignments because of it. The lecturers are pretty good about it, but its very stressful and annoying. The washing machines and driers - not good, fire alarms suck, can't have candles, can't spray deodorant in rooms, cubicle style showers and toilets and a severe lack of fridge space. I've been looking and you can get a 3 bedroom place in town for about $200 - $250, split between three thats pretty good.

Anyway its not that bad. I am just a bit annoyed at it but I know some people who love it here. Some really nice people, and its easy to just live here, have the cleaner clean and such. A lot depends on the flat you get in - I was lucky with a good group but I know a few people who were put into a flat that they found it difficult to make friends in, with many non-English speakers and later years, so they were pretty unhappy.

I'm in a six bedroom but I think a 4 bedroom would be the best by far.

If you're new to Armidale its probably good to live here for a semester or year, and then meet some people if you want to move off or something.

Hope that helped, and hope to see you here next year! PM me with any questions ":)

Rosenbaum

HSC
There are much less international students at UNE than there are at Macquarie, UNSW, UTS or USyd (Based on my brief visits to those Sydney universities). My college has about 5 international students, the other 250 or so are Australian raised.

I don't think the amount of 'asians' at UNE should influence your decision. It's an awesome university, just come with an accepting attitude and you'll get along with everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)