honest opinions (1 Viewer)

Andi0390

HSC
I'm at Wright so I haven't lived at any of the colleges but I know a fair few people at each.

Earle Page people seem pretty happy there, they are a bit tough in O-Week but otherwise seems like a nice, friendly place. D&S seem a bit detached, like not an overly great place but still, could be good. Robb people are weird. Albies are religious and weird. Mary White would be heaven, no evil hill. Austin seems to be a permanent party. The Duvalians are nice from what I hear.

Mary White or EPC would be my choice I think, if I were not at Wright.

namdog

HSC
To be honest, those opinions are not very accurate and representative of the college system at all. Especially the 'detached' comment about D&S. If anything, Wright Village is the detached college.

Andi0390

HSC
I wouldn't even really call Wright Village a college. With D&S I just meant that they don't seem very into it. Like Earle Page, Duval, Austin, Albies are always saying how great they are, doing things with all their college and really getting into it. D&S just doesn't seem that into the whole thing. The people I know from there are pretty laid back and are just sort of living there, and doing some things, but they aren't all intense like the others. Just observations from my experience, obivously other peoples experiences will differ.

namdog

HSC
It's all just personal opinion, really.

My opinion of D&S is completely opposite to yours. For a college that is apparently not 'very into it', they sure as hell go well in the inter-college comps... 1st in PT, 2nd in MB and 3rd in SFK last year... I would say that D&S is actually quite into it.

Though, that might be just because I live in D&S, and I know how it really is.

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
Being from Mary White myself, I would of course say that Mary White is the absolute best of the colleges. It's the closest to classes, I have no idea how people from the other colleges manage to get up that hill every morning especially if they have a nine am class.

Plus we have a 6 million dollar renovation occurring at the moment, so the new rooms are absolutely fantastic, the heating works correctly in them, they are nice and large, can't say I'm overly fond of the color schemes but i currently live in one of the 1960s blocks so I cannot wait to move into the new rooms.

We are pretty much non existent in the inter college competitions ( we get the I didn't know Mary White was still open comment a lot) but it is a perfect environment for study. And if you want to go in the competitions you can, there's just no one really interested in them at Mary White at the moment.

The food isn't great, but I'm also a vegan so can't really comment on the extent of it. But if your looking at living in a college for 2011 definitely have a look at Mary White on the Open Days, it's also one of the cheaper colleges (excepting Wright Village of course which is incredibly cheap as you don't pay for food), plus with brand new rooms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)